EGR delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose Knuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So I did the turbo back DPF delete and WOW the truck is a beast. Now I'm just wondering what is the plus of doing the EGR delete? Pros and Cons please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I would do it if I were you!

Dont need that exhaust gas going back into the engine.

Once you take it off as well as your intake horn to clean it you'll be shocked at how much soot is built up there.

The only con to it is the time to do it and the money for the block off plates. The pros out weigh cons by a lot. Any other questions just ask

OP
OP
Moose Knuckle

Moose Knuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I would do it if I were you!

Dont need that exhaust gas going back into the engine.

Once you take it off as well as your intake horn to clean it you'll be shocked at how much soot is built up there.

The only con to it is the time to do it and the money for the block off plates. The pros out weigh cons by a lot. Any other questions just ask

So would it be smarter to just buy a new intake horn?

BWC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
It would cost more but then you would have a nice looking intake horn. Totally up to you but I would for sure delete the egr

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Unless you have any reason to keep it on for visual emissions inspections it's better to take it off. Even with the tuner disabling the EGR exhaust gases and soot do still get through it and into the intake. Plus the EGR coolers have been known to eventually wear out and leak which isn't an issue you want to run into. Even if you do buy a new intake horn, you still need a delete kit to get rid of the cooler end of it. For how cheap the kits are it's definitely worth doing.

OP
OP
Moose Knuckle

Moose Knuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Unless you have any reason to keep it on for visual emissions inspections it's better to take it off. Even with the tuner disabling the EGR exhaust gases and soot do still get through it and into the intake. Plus the EGR coolers have been known to eventually wear out and leak which isn't an issue you want to run into. Even if you do buy a new intake horn, you still need a delete kit to get rid of the cooler end of it. For how cheap the kits are it's definitely worth doing.

Thanks. I'll definitely be looking into it come pay day.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I did the turbo back DPF delete and WOW the truck is a beast. Now I'm just wondering what is the plus of doing the EGR delete? Pros and Cons please!

Added fuel economy. It's worth a 1-2mpg increase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr