engine oil dillution on RAM Diesels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fantomII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
QUESTION: Anyone heard anything about fuel getting into the oil on RAM Diesel engines? Apparently this is a common problem going back many years.

I'm a die hard AMSOIL user and just ordered their long life Premium 15W-40 Synthetic Diesel Oil. I was expecting to be able to change oil and filter once annually as the oil was good for about 25K miles which I would not get to in a year. BUT, there was a NOTE: when I placed my order, " that due to fuel dilution, that is common to RAM diesel engines", the recommendation is to change oil at the approved schedule rather than the interval approved for the oil I was purchasing

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
This is true for all 6.7l Cummins diesel engines in Ram trucks with factory emissions equipment still in place. I don't thin k it is as bad in the '13+ trucks but in the earlier models it is terrible. There is no point in using Amsoil engine oil in an emissions intact truck. You will be changing the oil every 5-6000 miles either way. If you decide to delete the emissions equipment the you can benefit from running Amsoil

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The only way to be sure is to do an engine oil analysis so you know what your engine is doing before just going right to an extended drain period.

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It's 15k miles or every 6 months whichever comes first per the manual, so even if fuel dilution wasn't a problem, you'd still be in trouble for warranty repairs extending your intervals out to a year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye