First Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jk6672

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
29348560244_d4a7b29193_b.jpg

OP
OP
J

jk6672

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Nice looking truck. Did you have a question?

Not then, but I do now and I haven't had anyone answer it yet. Here's the question I posted:

I need a little advice on DEF, I have 2.2k miles on mine and I need to start thinking about which DEF to use. Which brand do you guys use? A buddy of mine also has a 3500, and he said I better us Ultrapure or I'm asking for problems. He said his system needed to be replaced because he didn't use Ultrapure from the get go. Is there any truth to sticking to certain brands?

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fresh is best , as long as it meets FCA cert it's ok . And there's the temp thing ,def degrades faster the higher the temp ( storage). Make sure carton is sealed and you can read the date code . ( this isn't easy sometimes) sunlight is also bad for it. A lot of people swear by buying it at truck stops that have def from the pump . The diesel specific sites have more communication on things diesel related

Cheers

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There's only a couple producers of def, it's just packaged for sale for like 20 different buyers.

There's no magic to def, it's mostly water with some urea. Just find fresh packages. I like to buy from places like Love's. While their fuel is way over priced, their def is sold in the commercial lanes for about $2.30 per gallon. Always fresh, too.