first time pulling - looking for advice/set up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
hey guys, im gonna hook for the first time next sat locally and im just looking for advice on what to do the best i can do with my set up as well as how to set the truck up for next weekend.

Heres what i have for a list so far done to the truck

Edge COMP hot unlock
SBC SDD3600 dual disc (street clutch - non SFI approved)
FASS 150
7x0.011 injectors
Maxspool dual valve springs
Maxspool billet pushrods
Maxspool 184/215 cam
AFE bladerunner intake
Industrial Injection super phatshaft 64 turbo
3 pc exhaust manifold
ARP studded and O Ringed head

As far as suspension goes i have a set of traction bars as well as suspension stops ill be using for the pull. i will also ditch my 35s for my 285/75R16 good year duratracs to pull with. I have 3.55 gearing and an NV5600. transmission.

My truck defuels right around 3400-3500 RPM so i dont have a LOT of RPM to play with. ive also noticed with my truck that my turbo has a BAD case of chuffing right between 20 and 30 psi whether im empty or hooked to a trailer. However once i get past 30 psi its fine again - not sure what thats all about. My exhaust temps at WOT empty are also between 1400 and 1500 deg.

Anyway as far as what ive told you guys - unless im missing vital needed info - whats gonna be the best way to set up my truck for pulling in an 8000 lb class and whats gonna be my best gear/range to pull in.

Like i said, this is first time so the more info you guys can give me the better off ill be. If im missing needed info let me know and ill get that asap to ya.

Thanks guys!

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
No advice here but if you decide to pull I'd love to see a video :popcorn: