First Tow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWJewellTN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
As some on the forum might know, last June I traded in my 2013 1500 for a 2014 2500 with a Cummins because the 1500 wouldn't tow my 8,000 lbs travel trailer safely. I just got back from my first camping trip towing the trailer with the 2500, and man what a difference! The only better move would have been to get a 2500 to begin with. I am sooo loving this truck! I-840 is always windy, and driving while that major cold front came through made it even more windy. For once I was able to drive the entire trip without needing to hit the trailer brake - let alone having my hand hovering over it as I did in the past. I past two trucks with one on each side of me, and I NEVER would have attempted that in my 1500! Color me tickled!! :)

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
We need pics!!!

I too will be going 2500. Sometime mid next year and am looking for opinios. Im gonna be towing cattle in the 8-10k lb range so my 1500 will have too hard of a time.

Which model did you opt for? stock tires and any mods on it?

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
3/4 ton is the way to go man, congrats!! youre gonna love it more and more eveytime you drive it...we still need pics though!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
S

SWJewellTN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
We need pics!!!

I too will be going 2500. Sometime mid next year and am looking for opinios. Im gonna be towing cattle in the 8-10k lb range so my 1500 will have too hard of a time.

Which model did you opt for? stock tires and any mods on it?

I have a stock Bighorn. I didn't feel the need for leather and such; that is what the Caddy is for. :)

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a stock Bighorn. I didn't feel the need for leather and such; that is what the Caddy is for. :)

Nice, im looking for a Tradesman myself. My Sport is LOADED with all the options. I think i might miss them but since its mostly going to be going to the ranch and towing a trailer with hay and cattle i think i can do without those options.

Only thing i really want is back up sensors/camera and Remote Start.
Not sure remote start is offered on the Tradesman though.
Oh and level and 35" tires, which im still trying to do research on for proper fitment:favorites13:

OP
OP
S

SWJewellTN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Nice, im looking for a Tradesman myself. My Sport is LOADED with all the options. I think i might miss them but since its mostly going to be going to the ranch and towing a trailer with hay and cattle i think i can do without those options.

Only thing i really want is back up sensors/camera and Remote Start.
Not sure remote start is offered on the Tradesman though.
Oh and level and 35" tires, which im still trying to do research on for proper fitment:favorites13:
My Bighorn has remote start and back-up sensor/camera. It also has aux buttons and heated steering wheel/seats. I added running boards and LineX, and that's it.

OP
OP
S

SWJewellTN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I might add that I checked my EVIC with calculations of MPG and they concurred: 12.2 MPG average.