Fuel Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDG103

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins H.O
Hey everyone, so recently I've noticed I been leaking fuel only when I'm driving at highway speeds. but when I drive in town nothing really happens. I check the cp3 lines and injector lines and they look good. Its starting to become a headache cause I cant find the issue. has anyone had this problem before and point me in the right directions so I can fix this.

its and 2004 Cummins High Output 5.9 with no fuel modifications and I jst had injectors replaced.

BWC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
When do you notice the fuel leak? Any idea of the area its coming from such as engine bay or somewhere from the tank to the engine bay?

OP
OP
JDG103

JDG103

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins H.O
So i take it no one wants to help me out...very well then

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check the #4 fuel injector line very closely. I had a 2004 1/2 and ended up with a fuel leak also. My mechanic went to the parts room and got a new #4 fuel line before ever raising the hood. He said they have had lots of problems with that particular line(at one time they were on nationwide backorder. When he raised the hood---guess which fuel line had a small hairline crack in it-----
Jay

OP
OP
JDG103

JDG103

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins H.O
Yea thats what i have been reading but ive had the #4 line replaced already and when i open the hood I dont see any fuel sprayed everywhere

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an 03 and I suppose you have the same gas tank which they have an inherent issue with the coupling neck going into the tank were the filler hose is connected cracking around the base where it seats into the tank (the hose coupling is molded into the tank). I've had to replace my tank twice now and there is no new tanks available so you have to use one from a junkyard and usually wind up having the same issue again! Sux!

OP
OP
JDG103

JDG103

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins H.O
Not a tank issue it’s actually coming from a fuel line in the engine bay