Fuel over fill mess.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hopefully this will help others avoid making the same silly mistake I made.

I fueled the truck the other day, I found a good price and was trying to squeeze every cent I could into the tank, to the point it overflowed down the quarter panel. I cleaned up my mess and on my way I went.

Today while running errands I noticed the plastic inner fender, shock, and axle had moisture marks sprayed all over them. I thought I had blown a axle seal or brake line. Upon inspection after returning home there was no marks on the tire side walls, which eliminated my first to suspisions. When I opened the fuel door there was diesel fuel around the fill neck, so I got out my flash light and screw driver and discovered there are 2 flappers inside the fill neck and there was fuel stuck between the 2 which was sloshing around and running down the outside of the fuel neck and saturating the underside of the truck. I opened the inner flapper with the screw driver and the trapped fuel ran into the tank.

Moral of the story; a good deal on fuel is only good if it ends up inside your gas tank. :slap:

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Good to know Rotzilla... Thanks for the heads up!!!

tap tap tappa-roo

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
I've never been able to get any in once the pump clicks off, just end up making a mess if i try to squeeze more in. I just go till it clicks and call er good