help, no drive at all !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ausram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi, im new to the forum i live in Australia and i have a 09 ram 2500 4x4 with the 6.7 cummins 6 speed auto. I was driving it the other day with no problem, i parked it up for the night and went to use it the next morning and it started/run fine but won't engage any gear at all no drive, no reverse??? it just free revs like it is in neutral. Any help would be great.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
Check the linkage between the shifter stalk and transmission. When was the last time the filter was replaced?

OP
OP
A

Ausram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I checked the linkage on the side of the transmission and it looked fine but I might get someone to move the shifter through the gears while I'm under the car and see if works properly. I'm not sure when the filters and fluid were last changed as I have not had it for long but it only has 65,000kms (40,300 miles) on it.

OP
OP
A

Ausram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I checked the linkage again with someone shifting it for me and it is working properly so I drained the fluid and pulled the sump off, everything looks fine in there too so I don't know what the problem is. Could it be electrical? Maybe a faulty sensor? Has anyone else had this problem before?

OP
OP
A

Ausram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The pan had a lot of particles in it when i cleaned it, it wasnt metal it was like carbon and broke up easily in my fingers. I changed the filters and fluid still no drive so I pulled all the electrical plugs off the transmission and cleaned them with contact cleaner and when I plugged them back it and turned it on I got a P0700 code but I got some drive? It would drive forward in drive but it would drive forward in reverse for a bit and then lock up and stop??? WTF!

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
From what I understand, that p0700 is a generic code for the transmission and it means that there is more than one thing wrong with the transmission. I think it time for a trip to the dealership.

OP
OP
A

Ausram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah I think I will have to take it somewhere but because they are a import over here there isn't many places that will work on them.