My new toy!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
Went and picked her up Saturday! 08 2500 4x4 SLT with 57,000. Put 230 miles on it and only used 1/4 tank.. In my hemi it would have been time to fill up.. It was averaging 20-21mpg on the trip today.. So far I have zero complaints. Truck is 100% stock for now lol..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375073809.757964.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375073869.640127.jpg

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Damn!! for that mileage I should have gotten a diesel. Awesome! Congrats on the purchase.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
congrats, you keeping the hemi?

OP
OP
huntram03

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
Yeah the mileage is blowin me away! I will let you know how many miles I get out of the tank.. I have 34 or 35 gal tank so that does have something to do with it.. Either way I am very happy with it!

Nope the HEMI is leaving :( I wish I could keep it but can't swing 2 payments for very long.. I have a few locals interested in it..

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Nice looking truck, Great color :waytogo:
You will love the 6.7 over the Hemi. I loved my hemi but hated towing with it.
8mpg was not cutting it. Wait until you hand calculate your fuel economy, it's still going to be decent, but not as high as the overhead. I'm deleted, tuned and drive with a light foot on my road trips and the best ive seen is mid 17's. My overhead reads 20-22mpg when I'm actually getting mid 14's.
What are your plans for it?

OP
OP
huntram03

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
Nice looking truck, Great color :waytogo:
You will love the 6.7 over the Hemi. I loved my hemi but hated towing with it.
8mpg was not cutting it. Wait until you hand calculate your fuel economy, it's still going to be decent, but not as high as the overhead. I'm deleted, tuned and drive with a light foot on my road trips and the best ive seen is mid 17's. My overhead reads 20-22mpg when I'm actually getting mid 14's.
What are your plans for it?

As of right now the only plans I have for it is: Tow mirrors, CAI, delete the muffler, and switch the tires from the other truck to the new one. I wish the rims would fit but its all good I will get another set down the road.. Thats about it, I am gonna try to keep it pretty much stock unless something forces me to delete other things and I have the funds for it.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As of right now the only plans I have for it is: Tow mirrors, CAI, delete the muffler, and switch the tires from the other truck to the new one. I wish the rims would fit but its all good I will get another set down the road.. Thats about it, I am gonna try to keep it pretty much stock unless something forces me to delete other things and I have the funds for it.

Nice, clean and simple is good.
If you are doing the intake for performance I wouln't bother yet, the OEM intake is proven sufficient to about 500hp, but if you are looking for the added sound then I would start with removing the baff in the stock intake (I'd probably remove it anyways) you'll hear the turbo a little better.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's a great looking truck! I love that color / cab combo! Looks GREAT!

OP
OP
huntram03

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
Well I filled her up today.. Got 500 miles and had 1/8 of a tank left and it took $114 to fill it up.. That's awesome considering I was spending $140-180 a week depending on price of gas. The 500 miles I got is a lil over 2 tanks in the HEMI..

V-Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Nice Mega!!

I wanted one of them myself but decided against it after cleaning out my old 2nd Gen when I sold it.I didn't want all the added room to pile things up inside,LOL.

IMO I wouldn't straight pipe the truck if your going to tow,you will hate yourself for doing that.Save the time and your cash and just buy an exhaust that suits your needs later as the drone of a straight piped CR towing will drive you bonkers.

Also,make sure the load range on the tires on your old truck are at least a D as many 1/2 tons put C rated or lower on them.You want to make sure you have at least enough capacity to be able to tow with and even a D Rated tire will give you some side sway due to only being 8 ply.

OP
OP
huntram03

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
Nice Mega!!

I wanted one of them myself but decided against it after cleaning out my old 2nd Gen when I sold it.I didn't want all the added room to pile things up inside,LOL.

IMO I wouldn't straight pipe the truck if your going to tow,you will hate yourself for doing that.Save the time and your cash and just buy an exhaust that suits your needs later as the drone of a straight piped CR towing will drive you bonkers.

Also,make sure the load range on the tires on your old truck are at least a D as many 1/2 tons put C rated or lower on them.You want to make sure you have at least enough capacity to be able to tow with and even a D Rated tire will give you some side sway due to only being 8 ply.

The only thing right now that I think I'm going to do to the exhaust is delete the muffler with a DPF back system. I haven't towed anything with it yet. We are going on a trip next week so that will be its maiden voyage. My camper is 25ft and mabie 4500lbs loaded so it probably won't even know its back there.. As for the tires when I bought them for the other truck they were E rated so the swap was no issue at all.. Thanks for pointing that out though.

My tow mirrors came in today so naturally I had to get them put on. After they were on I had to wash it, and since I washed it and it was a nice day I just had to slap a coat of wax on it.. 6 hrs total on it today and I must say the pic doesn't do it justice.. This truck cleans up beautifully!! I am liking this color more and more..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375504851.435573.jpg

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Looking good Huntram!!! Oh, and don't forget to update your profile with the details of your new rig ;)