Need Advice On Possible 24v Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins | used cars & trucks | Red Deer | Kijiji

Looking at this truck, heres what he had to say via text:

Sure thing, Transmission is the 47re, I have to sell because of financial trouble. it's got industrial injection phatshaft 66/74/80 ATS three piece manifold and intake horn 125 hp injectors. Upgraded injection pump 150 gph Fass lift pump. Arp headstuds rebuilt head with 110 lb valve springs and I do believe it was O-ringed Edge juice/attitude/hot unlock. aswell NAPD tranny runs real strong has a few extras like the magtech oil pan and a manual lock up A lot of the truck was built by the previous owner so I have limited receipts and records for the things I've done only.

I then asked him about the front end:

It's got synergy sway bar links and ball joints new control arms new shocks all the way around new brakes all the way around Spohn Adjustable trac bar. Bd steering box brace, a new steering box new alternator 2 new battery's vac pump seal done in the fall new front bumper plastic in the fall new professionally painted color matched grille in the fall I'll think of lots more as I think of it. It's insured and registered up to date I drive it every day

Its listed at 10.5k CAD or 8k US. Any advice or warnings? I know its already built and what that could mean. Thank you

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
ive never heard of NAPD transmissions. maybe a canadian thing? seems like its priced pretty cheap. take it for a test drive. check the fuel pressure. needs a minimum of 10psi at the injection pump at all times, or you risk damaging the internals of the pump. run through all the gears on the trans. i would question why he put a manual lock up switch. some do it for the performance, but these trucks were known to have electrical issues and one of the tell tale signs is not being able to hold lock up. sometimes its as simple as bad wiring/batteries/alternator. however if that doesnt solve it it usually points to an ecu issue, which is what i would be leary of. another sign of bad/dying ecu is a delay for the wait to start light and/or delay in fuel pump prime. i hated the steering on my second gen, that was the only thing i couldnt get past and made me get a 3rd gen, but if he spent enough on upgrades it may steer quite nice.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
oh yea, being its a 2001 its probably not, but i would still make sure its NOT a 53 block. if it is, i would probably walk away.