New to Diesel World

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fubar5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to the diesel world...
I had my 2006 Ram 1500 4.7 murdered : ( totaled by a studied driver before christmas now I need to replace it and I am realy thinking about a 2500 diesel but I have not idea what to lokk for as far what is a good used milage to start with and how many miles is too much. and I am looking at 2006 and newer what should i look for in my inspection thanks :)

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lots of changes occurred between 06 to current, and not just in the body. in late 07 the 6.7L was introduced. Some like it some hate it, I believe it was revamped in 2010 or 11 getting more changes to the 6.7L to meet EPA restrictions on diesels and I think it was 2015 it got the DEF.

Do some research on the motors in the various years and see which one suits your needs better. you can also learn alot on the various year cummins over on the CumminsForum.

Me I'm a diehard 5.9L last year it was produced was 2007. I like the 06-07 Canbus managed common rails. Capable of easy big power and pull like nothing else. Don't get me wrong the 6.7L is a decent motor it just lacks in certain areas imo, due to EPA regulations.

OP
OP
F

fubar5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What should I look for in wear and tear what is a good used mileage what is to much mileage and what point does a Diesel engine break in at, when I do my. Inspection what should I look for leak , boost etc thanks guys