new truck, exhaust quetion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pahillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so im buying a 2015 CTD 2500 this week. while I have been reading all the threads on deleting the DPF and EGR, im going to leave it alone for now. unless it starts to be an issue. been reading bot sides of the story on numerous websites.
so here is my question. has anyone just removed the muffler only?
what kinda sound do you get out of it?
how about the turbo silencer ring, I have seen some threads about that.
I would just like to get some sound out of it.
last diesel I had was an 04 dmax. had a 5 inch straight pipe on it. not looking for that route.
I see muffler delete pipes for around $50.
is it worth doing? what will it sound like?

thanks, cant wait to get my truck tomorrow!!!!!!

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
If the '15s are anything like '12 then the muffler isn't actually a muffler... Its more of a resonator that quiets highway drone. And on a stock exhaust I doubt you could even tell the difference. The exhaust emissions equipment is what really makes these trucks quiet.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What Power247 said.
Also on the "silencer ring" Don't bother, it's there to smooth the airflow into the turbo. I don't personally know what impact it will have by removing it, but I've heard everything from not difference, to worse performance (I believe surging while accelerating) It's not something that I was interested in so I don't have any specifics or first hand knowledge.

wuhungsix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Deleting a muffler and leaving the emmisions filters on will do absolutely nothing for sound or performance. Don't waste your time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye