No tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a 2016 2500. I just got a set of 35s mounted on 18s. The local tire shop wants 100 to swap not the tpms sensors. The 35s max out at like 65 psi which is going to cause a low psi warning. I'd get the same warning running no sensors wouldn't I ?

turboguy327

Reaction score
Is this a 2500? You could hit the light load button on the dash if you have it to get rid of the light and keep the system operational

OP
OP
homebrew

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I don't have that

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I have a 2016 2500. I just got a set of 35s mounted on 18s. The local tire shop wants 100 to swap not the tpms sensors. The 35s max out at like 65 psi which is going to cause a low psi warning. I'd get the same warning running no sensors wouldn't I ?
Yes. If you pull the sensors you will still get the light. The dealer can reset the threshold for 65 psi then you can keep your sensors and not have the light on all the time. These new trucks are too smart for their own good.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCLB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
@Homebrew
Take this to your dealer and see if they will give it a try. This is borrowed from another site. Credit goes to Indytruckchampion.

Ok guys.... I've done this on several trucks now and have confirmed it will work on any 2014+ and on any model (I have not tried it on C&C yet). You will have to have this done at a dealer. Print this and take it in and they should be able to change your settings and turn off the light. It takes about 10 minutes.

Step 1: Go into the BCM (body control module). Go to "miscellaneous functions". Go to "update pressure thresholds". Set pressure to desired settings. Do not try to do different pressures front and back! Even if you run 10 psi difference front to back you won't get a light. If you plan to run 10 psi difference I suggest your "setting" be in the middle of the high and low just to give you a little cushion.

Step 2: Go into the RFH (radio frequency hub). Go to "miscellaneous functions". Perform "RFH replace" and follow prompts. You will need the PIN number for the truck. That can be obtained through Dealer Connect with the vin number to the truck. When following the prompts - when asked for desired pressure setting - set new pressure levels. You do not need to replace anything - just perform the function to set new levels.

I have not had to drive the truck - once the RFH replace function is done the light goes out and the truck is reading new pressures.

Done!!

Also, I have had issues with the upgraded alloy wheels and the TPMS sensors. Specifically, the valve stem is a new shape that does not fit the universal TPMS valve stem :banghead:. All you need to do is carefully file down the corners to shape the brass fitting so it will fit in the sensor. Once it's screwed into place everything is secure and there are no issues. The universal valve stems are about a buck a piece. Dealer cost on the new "updated" valve stem is about 25 bucks :shock: (yeah - I'm out! LOL).

This should take care of and answer any questions/issues when changing to custom wheels/tires. I got started down this path with information from another string on the same topic. There was a tech on here that had described the procedure vaguely but I couldn't find his post (if you read this - THANKS). So - this is not my idea originally - just a more descriptive set of instructions you can take to your local dealer. Hope this clears up all the confusion on the topic.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCLB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel