Positive Trip To The Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

parkersdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
I went to the dealer to have 2 flash updates done and make sure my fuel filter heater was on. After doing the work the diesel mechanic asked if I had time to walk down and go over a few things. He took 25 minutes and explained everything about my truck including, filters, fuel, service intervals, alternators, EVIC, and he told me I was only had 2% carbon build up in my DEF filter witch he said was good. It will go in Reagan mode only when it gets to 18%. Oh he also told me not to use K&N filters as they will sometimes not let the doors open inside the intake. Anyway I appreciated the time he took with me. My dealer is Lake Norman Chrysler Jeep Ram. Just wanted to let everyone know about my experience and that there are truly some good dealers out there. This is why I have bought five trucks from them now.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
sounds like a great dealer

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
your details on the left say 2013 HEMI 5.7... but your post is about Diesel. might wanna change that so people dont think your a retard..

Glad someone has positive feedback about a dealer with all the **** around. mines not bad. but it helps to have a buddy whos a salesman there. as well as a brother who is licensed mechanic and worked at a dodge dealer for 5 years.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Did he happen to explain how he knew your carbon build up percentages?

OP
OP
P

parkersdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
Did he happen to explain how he knew your carbon build up percentages?

Yes I was standing right there. When he is hooked to the truck he clicked on a link and it gave him a read out.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Nice!!! Good to find knowledgeable people working are the dealership.

sent thru a cloud of smoke