Shifting problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy67n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins diesel
2005 ram 3500 dually 4wd. Having trouble transmission slipping in and out of gear, on take off get good 1 , 2; from 2 to 3 slips out 1 or 2 times then stays in after that. When slowing down almost to a stop it doesn't want to shift all the way down kind of reminds me of my old gas truck when the tps went bad, don't know if this truck has one. Anyone know the problem?

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
That sounds like a common solenoid and transducer problem, and I'm willing to bet that's what's wrong with it. The stock solenoid sucks, So Borg Warner makes a great aftermarket one to replace it with. The transducer, just leave stock, as the aftermarket ones suck.

You can find a Borg Warner solenoid and oem sensor (transducer) for around $100, and it is a really quick install from what I understand. I just ordered a kit Monday because Im getting the 2-3 shuttle shift also.

Last edited: