Wanting to trade 2005 1500 5.7 for a 2500 5.9 but first

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Explit Player

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to trade my 4WD 2005 5.7 SLT with 74k mi, basically fully loaded except Big Horn pkg, and leather. Practically perfect condition. Everything works, and it is a non-smoker interior, very clean

But this isn't an advertisement!!

This is me asking, what kind of more money will i need for a Cummins (03-09)in similar condition? The miles as long as under 150k doesnt matter, and i would like my sliding window still, and all my current features..

How much do you expect me to spend on something like this? Private party value for my vehicle is about 15k$

Last edited:
OP
OP
Explit Player

Explit Player

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And I would keep all of my aftermarket additions i currently have and swap them to the new truck. Lightbar, fender flares, tires (not wheels), and headlights nd' such

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
IF you can find one with similar options AND in as good of shape as your current truck... You can expect to spend anywhere from $25-30k. I have seen really clean '06s and early '07s priced in the mid $30s. The later model 5.9s are very hard to come by. When I do find one it is either beat to hell or priced way over kbb value. The funny thing is that none of them stay for sale very long. Best of luck on your hunt.