What should I pay? 2nd Gen CTD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, I'm getting rid of my 4th gen CCSB express soon.

I am interested in finding a second gen 2500 CTD to fix up. They're my all time favorite model of truck and I'd love to have a paid off truck. I'm looking for 4x4, preferably ext cab with the rear doors and a regular bed. Curious what I should pay for one.

Can anyone pitch in what you think would be a fair price for one in decent shape?

I am located in Southeast Georgia.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
theres a bunch of factors that go into the pricing of second gens. everything from location, condition of body, condition of mechanics, condition of interior, mileage, etc. mint ones can fetch $20k. really beat up ones can be had for $5k. then theres everything in between. i would say expect to spend $10k for a good truck that might need some work. maybe even a bit more.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
^this^

Down here in Texas, you can get one with about 150k miles for under 10k but beat up
4x4 drives price up as does quad cab, dually srw etc.

I've seen a few 12v go for under $5 asking price as well as alot of 24v for under $7500

most close to 200k miles give or take