turns over wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12vcummins59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I changed the lift pump on my 96 cummins now O'Neill turn over but won't start. Already checked the solenoid and not it. The filter/water separator is getting fuel and when I press the prime button there is a clicking noise near the top of the fuel/water separator. PLEASE HELP.

dmills0130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crack a few injector lines open and spin it over until fuel sprays out. Tighten them back and she should fire up. It may run rough for a minute or so.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP

12vcummins59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Crack a few injector lines open and spin it over until fuel sprays out. Tighten them back and she should fire up. It may run rough for a minute or so.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk[/QUO

I bled the injectors and she was trying to start, tracked the problem down to a leak where the line from the lift pump to the fuel filter/water separator connects to the top of the filter. Seems like I could just put an o ring when the line connects to seal it. Should this work?

dmills0130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I remember right, those are brass seals. An o ring will not seal.

OP
OP

12vcummins59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
If I remember right, those are brass seals. An o ring will not seal.

Thank-you, I actually just got the brass seals today and should be able to fix it tomorrow.