Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Forum > VP44 Pump

VP44 Pump

uh oh...head gasket time

This is a discussion on uh oh...head gasket time within the VP44 Pump forums, part of the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Forum category!
well guys as the title says, its time for me to get a head gasket. truck started leaking oil from ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Zach

Ram Year: 2001
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Send a message via AIM to CumminsCrazed Send a message via MSN to CumminsCrazed Send a message via Yahoo to CumminsCrazed Send a message via Skype™ to CumminsCrazed
Default uh oh...head gasket time
well guys as the title says, its time for me to get a head gasket.

truck started leaking oil from the front of the head about a week ago. not leaking horribly bad, but once the engine warms up and oil thins out itll leak probably about a 4x6 postcard size spot within about 5 mins of turning the truck off.

Anyway, ive been told the best route to go would be to replace with an OEM Cummins head gasket and obviously head studs.

Im also considering possibly o ringing the head gasket, but i have no clue what that entales, how to go about it, or if any shops around here will do it. So im asking you guys, educate me on o ringing a head/head gasket. Also, curious on what range of money id be looking at to replace head gasket as well as o ring the head/head gasket. Can be what you shop owners would charge, or what you guys have paid as a customer. Just needing to get some numbers in my head.

Let me know guys!
Thanks!

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

Silencer ring MIA, FASS 150/95 GPH, Boost Elbow, Edge Comp, AutoMeter Boost Pyro and Fuel Pressure gauges, LBDP Budget 5" Turbo Back Exhaust w/ 6" Flo_Pro tip, Amsoil Nanofiber 4510 Air intake filter, 20% Tint, B&M Racing T handle shift knob
CumminsCrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Name: Cody

Ram Year: 2007
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
This can explain it better then I can
Fire Ring versus O Ring Cylinder Head Dodge Cummins Diesel

I have ears of a shop called ram boyz in northern Iowa that does it, might be worth researching them.
I honestly couldnt give you an estimate on price

New Here? Introduce yourself here - Click here to become a Supporting Member - Check out our Preferred Vendors!
Stangshcky12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.9 head gasket, ctd o ring, cummins head gasket, fire ring head