12.5's and a car wash...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
simple quick question

ive always washed my cars at my home ( as long as the screws in my back allowed me to ).. but in between hand washes and bad back times I would use a normal drive through or stand in car wash..

can i go through a normal car wash with 33x12.5 tires?

im thinking the fact im leveled doesnt factor in much.. since its not much difference in overall height wise..

Thanks

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Do you have stock wheels ? if not whats the offset of them.

Took my 2500 with 35x12.50s with stock rims through them all the time in the winter with no problems.

OP
OP
BiGMERF

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
damm forgot to mention 20x9 0 offset and i have 1.75 bora spacers..

might have answered my own question.. ****

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'd say it depends on the car wash and what you have around you. Take a drive around and look for any that deal with larger vehicles

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some of the "touchless" car washes I've seen don't have the track you have to drive in.
Jay

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A lot of newer car washes don't have the old rails/track, it is more of a conveyor belt that you just drive onto and put in neutral and it moves you along. Tire size, offset, etc. would not be a concern. I'd just try to find a car wash like that in your area. There is one right near my house and I even see rigs with 6" lifts go through it... I never take mine through though because it is black and I am too scared of scratches lol damn black paint for being so pretty but so sensitive.

OP
OP
BiGMERF

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
damn black paint for being so pretty but so sensitive.

your not kidding.... i feel the same way about my black forest green

thanks guys.. guess ill ake a drive and find out.. lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot of newer car washes don't have the old rails/track, it is more of a conveyor belt that you just drive onto and put in neutral and it moves you along. Tire size, offset, etc. would not be a concern. I'd just try to find a car wash like that in your area. There is one right near my house and I even see rigs with 6" lifts go through it... I never take mine through though because it is black and I am too scared of scratches lol damn black paint for being so pretty but so sensitive.

If you use the touchless you shouldn't have to worry about scratches as long as nothing touches your truck except the liquid. It's only when something "rubs" on the surface, you will get scratches.
Jay

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found a premium 'touch' carwash that'll accommodate my 13.5's. prefer touch since my beast is ceramic coated and scratches are not a concern. Comes out looking purdy even coated with bugs :D