3M clear film

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tony 340

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Morning guys,

I have a new ram that I want to put 3M clear wrap on the front of and the rocker panels, and inside the fenders.

Here in Michigan those are the target spots for rust to start.

Does anybody in my area know a good place to start on this?

Not looking to save money here, just want good, professional, long lasting stuff.

magz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 E-Torque
ebay & amazon are your friend. That has been my best resource. Another spot would be a good local sign shop that does vehicle wraps if you are looking for install

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Look for a tint place or authorized installer from the 3M site. I just installed some 3M pro film myself, not perfect but saved $400. My friend paid to have his Sport done and I was not impressed at all with the install quality for a $500 job. The hood is not easy to do but fenders are at least.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I had it installed on my truck I called a couple of dealers in town that sold HIGH end cars and asked them for a recommendation on which shop to use. I also went to the shop and looked at some of their completed work. I think the quality of installation is the most important part of this process. I also found out that IT AIN'T CHEAP, but it is cheaper than repainting the front of your truck.
Jay

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I had a highly rated professional installer do my front end and it came out pretty good, I wouldn't attempt the sport bumper myself as its a job for professionals with all the angles and curves. I did install some 3M film on my lower rocker panels below the doors and behind the rear wheels last weekend by myself and it was pretty easy.

Last edited:

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also vouch for GOOD installers. When I had our rear bumper repainted I reapplied the leading edge film myself and it was a BUGGER to do a nice job. I can't even fathom what it took to do the crosshairs of the grille. I also did our new headlights after I retro'd them; $25 and easy.
I will never own another vehicle without plastering it with 3M film. LOVE IT.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I did the entire rocker panels and each door sill on the parts that don't curve up to the pillars. That was not too bad but there are some bubbles. I bought a cheap roll of 4" wide no-name film off eBay so that might be part of the problem. The hood/fender kit was 3M Pro from invisiblemask.com, only about $110 shipped. The hood is hard to do where it drops down to mate with the fenders. That tight radius makes the film bunch up causing air bubbles and lifts at the edge.