Adams vs. Meguiars....thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXHeat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I just got a new 2016 Laramie, and want to ensure I take care of everything the best way possible to keep it looking great. I used some of adams polishes products on my previous truck and my wife's GC, and was looking at ordering more for my new vehicle. Leather conditioner, leather cleaner, car wash, tire cleaner, tire dressing, etc. Now I have also used meguiars products and they seem to be good too, and are available locally. Adams has to ship, and the product is more expensive too. So, which would you all use/which do you use? I have no doubt that adams is good stuff, but are meguiars products just as good for what I'll be doing? The cost is what I have a hard time justifying.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I like Meguiar's and Mother's for off the shelf stuff, Turtle Wax has some decent products in their line as well. As far as the professional grade stuff, I've used Adam's, Chemical Guys, and Griot's Garage and had good results across the board. Really I've found that when it comes to detailing products, the best thing you can do is kind of just buy some up and try them out. Everyone has different preferences, some products work better for one guy than the next. Get your hands on some different stuff and find out what fits your needs, and gives you the results you want.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ Great answer. If your going to use over the counter products IMO Meguiar's is as good as anybody. Professional stuff you should look at autogeek and read about their products and then go to autopia and see what the pro's have to say about the products you select. It's not hard to spend lots on products. There is a difference in results between the OTC products and the pro products however.
Jay

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing that I like about staying with only 1 brand (I use Adam's) is it's all meant to work together. Just my two cents. Also if you like Adam's look on their website for dealer locators, you might have one in driving distance.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ I agree, some products work well with each other and others just "make a mess". You have to be careful of what you mix if you use more than one product line. I have no experience with Adam's so I can't give any opinion about their products except to say they have a loyal following and they are active on this site and give great information when questions are asked. I have never heard them degrade someone else's products.
Jay

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I use the Autoglym system from jolly ole England, some of the system costs but hey if the factory uses it on the Rolls before they leave I guess it is all right to use on our "working mans ride". Just remember detailing is great fun or if it isn't just do what most do, nothing lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 black Crew Cab Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Malco waxes

I found a store that sells to the detailers. I bought Malco wax and polish and after trying Malco. This is the only wax and polish I use. I have been using Cherry Flash® Liquid Paste Wax. I swear by this it goes on real easy and buffs off easy and you would not belief the how shiny it is. Plus I use their banana wax in the winter. I have gotten a couple of compliments after I wash and wax my 1500. I have used the cherry wax and start to finish it took me about 45 minutes to do (No *********). I was using meguiars but in my opinion I think the Malco gives better results. Try it.............

Nobrigz808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried Adams products before but found them to be very expensive paying almost 27 bucks a bottle for the vrt dressing here in Hawaii was insane. Chemical guys and smart wax have the same dressing for $10. But it all comes down to personal preference I have multiple products for different task. Wokfgang chemical guys, smart wax, and menzerna.

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was also considering the meguiars pro grade but now im thinking about going adams from fellow users.

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used OTC for years... Meg''s is pretty darn good, probably the best OTC I have used. Got a new truck ...wanted to try new things and step up my detail game. Started using different professional grade products. I was skeptical about the "professional" products. ..didn't want to get suckered in by names, costs more must be better, or advertising, and really didn't think there would be much of a difference between OTC and professional products. .... there definitely IS a difference. I have kind of settled between Chemical Guys and Adams products. ..depending on what I'm doing. Wax and sealer...hands down is Chemical Guys...Detail spray, interior and tires...Adams

Attachments

• 2016-09-13 21.10.19.jpg
    2016-09-13 21.10.19.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 94
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
********... do you want to do my truck next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I tried Adams products before but found them to be very expensive paying almost 27 bucks a bottle for the vrt dressing here in Hawaii was insane. Chemical guys and smart wax have the same dressing for $10. But it all comes down to personal preference I have multiple products for different task. Wokfgang chemical guys, smart wax, and menzerna.

Yeah I agree on the VRT that stuff is ludicrously expensive.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Thanks guys for the kind words and for the ones that's on the fence about buying and trying out our products , here is a quote from Adam himself.

My personal guarantee is this: if you are not exceptionally satisfied with any Adam's Premium Car Care product, I will refund your money, plus 10%. I will also replace the item with a like product of your choice. -Adam Pitale (President & Founder)

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a hodge podge. Chemical Guys products are generally pretty good. Use their soaps, rubber and plastic dressing, and like V7 spray sealant. Poorboy's world for quick detailer (though just order CG stuff to try) and wax. Blackfire for sealant. Meguiars 105 and 205 for polish.

As you can tell, I'm not loyal to one brand.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use meguires for:

Anything wax related
Tire shine

Mothers
M shine for the interior. I used to use tech protestant by meguires, but it is no more.

Stain remover:
Meguires pro series

I don't like to wait on my stuff. I would be willing to try Adam's, but I have always had great luck with meguires.