Applying Collinite 845

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Just got my bottle of Collinite 845 after a six day wait from New Jersey and I'm only in SW PA (ridiculous). Now I have read a lot of different ways on how people apply and remove this wax so I am wondering what the most common way is to do it. Some coat the whole truck with it then remove but then I see some people, and even the bottle, says to do small sections at a time. I see some people leave it on just a short time while others say they leave it on to dry for an hour or so and them remove it. So what's he best way to use it?? Do you apply/remove with orbital buffer or do it all by hand? I just tried it out today on a small section that I used Adam's correcting polish on. It took the fine scratches out and I applied Collinite to the area and it seemed to work ok but I don't think I let it dry 100% and I had some wiping to do. I'll probably hit it again but I'm not sure I was applying it right anyways.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Warm the bottle in hot water if the product is lumpy, shake periodically during the application process.
I apply it to my entire truck before removing it.
Apply a very thin coat, after you applicator is loaded it normally takes around 3 or 4 drops on the applicator per panel.
If you apply it to heavy you will have a more difficult time removing.
Allow wax to haze over before removing, I use micro fiber towels.
845 is the easiest product I have ever used, and lasts the longest.

Good luck....

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
Great product...probably one of the best waxes for the money

It should be applied with the consistency of a thick water.

Apply very thin amount on the entire vehicle, you should just be able to see it on the paint when applying

Once ready to remove, a clean microfiber and it will buff off with zero effort.

you should be good for 6 months plus....i applied it to my 2012 jeep JK. Over a year later it still beads

of course i use meguires D156 after a wash, but its still my go to wax.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do ONE panel at a time. Let it dry(haze)for a couple of minutes and then remove. With this wax---LEAST IS BEST.
Jay

OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I've never seen how water beads with this stuff. I got the hood and entire drivers side buffed out and waxed and it went on pretty easily. Might do a second coat just for kicks but it looks great so far.

Azballa7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Collinite 845 is an amazing wax that has potential to several months! I like to apply it to the entire vehicle and let it haze. Like mentioned a little of this product goes a long ways.

If you are in a jiffy and don't have time to wax your car check out Meguiar's D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax!! You can use it after the vehicle is completely dry or even when its wet. Lasts a month + and beads water extremely well!

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
Collinite 845 is an amazing wax that has potential to several months! I like to apply it to the entire vehicle and let it haze. Like mentioned a little of this product goes a long ways.

If you are in a jiffy and don't have time to wax your car check out Meguiar's D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax!! You can use it after the vehicle is completely dry or even when its wet. Lasts a month + and beads water extremely well!

D156 is the bomb!!! smells great, beads water really well. Use it inside and out on your car!!