Best soap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Ive tried at least 4 different types of soap/shampoo and haven't really been happy with any of them. I was walking through wally world recently and came across Barrett Jacksons new car wash which supposedly dries by itself. I picked up a bottle and tried it out. I don't know if Im missing something but it sure as hell doesn't dry by it self by any means. It does an ok job as far as the was goes.

wanted to ask what yall use?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Just to play stupid here, but doesn't ALL soap dry by itself? Are you asking about if it dries spot free or something specific?

Are you looking for a soap to wash the outside of the vehicle or a shampoo to clean the inside? The thing with soap is what are you planning to do afterwards. If it's just a rinse then soap like Meguire's Classic Gold is a solid soap to use that can be found at most parts stores but there are other soaps that can be picked up like the Adam's Car Shampoo with their foam gun which I quite like for how well it entraps dirt when I'm washing. It's also gentle on the wax which is nice. If I'm planning to strip the wax then I'll use good ol' Dawn which will wash off everything down to the clear coat.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Meg's 62 or Meg's 00
Jay

Garce421

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Turtle wax ice wash and wax stuff nice and sudsy smells good and rinses really easy. People hate on turtle wax but the wash,liquid wax, and spray wax lasts forever and shines nice. Water beads like crazy and a spray with the hose gets most bugs and dirt off the truck right away. My .02

OP
OP
homebrew

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I was referring to car wash. The Barrett's says water sheets off and self drying. Which I don't think it does either. Not that I was expecting it to completely dry itself, but it seems to do the same thing as the meguires gold wash I used previously.
Wash & Wax | Barrett-Jackson Auto Care

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use CG Wash & Gloss for normal washing and CG Citrus Wash for stripping wax and sealant before I buff paint.

XizSiTF.png

RAM_CRNA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew
Engine
5.7l Hemi V8 MDS 4x4
I too like turtle wax ice. goes on easy. smells great. comes off without effort and no smears on the trim. I used it on my chrome and it made it mirror clean. Highly recommend.

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
1 2nd CHARONBLK on the Adams foam gun and car wash. I LOVE mine, and geez it foams like crazy....Meguiars gold, another gold general soap, I dont use it now but have on other vehicles.