Best water for Spot-free wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
went to Menards (the ONLY home improvement store within 100 miles) and picked up this:

Whole-house filter kit ($30), 5 micron filter ($2 -- good for 6 months/30k gallons), 10 ft copper pipe ($10), various fittings and shutoff valves to do the plumbing (approx $25)

So for roughly $75, this will work awesome. Not much will get through with this 5 micron filter.

What it used to look like in the corner (main water line from city coming up through the floor on the right side of pic, continuing to house off the left side of pic. "T" goes to outside spigot.

IMG_20110405_112301.jpg

Here it is installed. Green arrows show the flow of water. After the fact I decided it would probably be nice to be able use the spigot without filtered water for stuff like watering the grass, so i'll put in a bypass pipe w/ a shutoff valve as well as a shutoff valve going to the filter so i can choose which one i use (indicated with red lines)

IMG_20110405_160115.jpg

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Nice! It's amazing how bad water is nowadays. And it is definitely one part of car maintenance people tend to miss. Water quality greatly effects your paint quality.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's pretty much what I put together, except I used quick connects for my hose.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a white truck and I get water spots in some areas bad, I might try this out.