best way to clean interior plastic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
so what's the best way to get mud/dirt out of the plastic trim interior? I get mud on the door sill and round the footwell, plus the kids get dirt on everything in the back.

What's the best way to get that off? I've scrubbed and scrubbed in the past with lackluster results.

I recently started using foaming window cleaner on my floor mats...would that work on the plastic as well?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
so what's the best way to get mud/dirt out of the plastic trim interior? I get mud on the door sill and round the footwell, plus the kids get dirt on everything in the back.

What's the best way to get that off? I've scrubbed and scrubbed in the past with lackluster results.

I recently started using foaming window cleaner on my floor mats...would that work on the plastic as well?
Any good automotive all purpose cleaner. When i was detailing for 6 or 7 years we would use all purpose and a microfiber towel and some muscle. If its on the carpets use all purpose and a hard bristle scrub brush.

Not sure how well off-the-shelf all purpose will work as the stuff ive always used was industrial/commercial chemicals our company made themselves. Pretty strong stuff

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Get a bottle of all purpose cleaner and a bottle of vrp or vynol, rubber and plastic dressing. One to clean and one to dress

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fordtech90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Simple green works good on plastic. Don't dilute it just make sure to get all the cleaner off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBaganATX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Purple power is the best stuff ever.. I had some interior seats on my old boat repaired about 10 years ago, and the guy doing it turned me on to it, and been a believer since!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For regular cleaning I just use some off the shelf stuff, like Meguiar's Interior Cleaner. For a finishing product I use Adam's Total Interior Detailer spray which smells pleasant, and leaves a nice matte shine. Couple those products with a good quality microfiber rag and be sure to shake out the debris you pick up as you go along.

OP
OP
B

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'll give some of these a shot. I've used simple green before, just never have any luck.

it seems I've always got residue still stuck in the plastic after it dries. Looks great as I clean, but looks dirty again after it's all dry.