Bilt-Hamber meets 2014 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lobster Poutine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well it has been a long time since i really had the urge to detail a vehicle by hand. But since my garage is full, and the weather was nice and overcast this weekend, i took on the project of finally detailing my new Ram...BY HAND.

The paint was in relatively good condition, but i knew id have to get something from the shelves that would do the trick. This was my first go around with Bilt hamber products, and ill say im am very impressed with the quality, ease of use, and results achieved by hands. for comparison, I did cheat and I used the flex polisher with a black buff and shine pad with Menz SF4500 on the rear quarters of the truck and coated the panels with Cquartz Dlux and Reload. the rest of the truck will be with Bilt-Hamber and the paint, Cquartz Dlux on all plastic trim and Tuf Shine on the tires.

check it out.

the flare in this picture has one coat of Bilt-Hamber cleanser polish and one coat of hydra wax, the rest has cquartz uk and one coat of reload. the tire has 2 coats of tuf shine.

photo1-1_zps017a49c6.jpg

this is a wider angle of the same side (same products)

photo4_zpsa9ea2048.jpg

photo3_zps2b9d798b.jpg

i find the Bilt-Hamber Cleanser Polish worked really well to give great shine and gloss, just as good as the more labour intensive machine polishing step on decent paint. The cleanser polish buffed on and off easy, and the hydrawax a dream to use!

here is the drivers side. On this side, I used Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm. now this product was slightly tougher to use, but once i got te application process down, it was smooth sailing. when i saw apply this thin, i mean thinner than anything youve ever used. i found it easier to use when i used the applicator slightly wetter than damp, and had the panel lightly misted with water. I did two coats of the autobalm and one coat of hydrawax. the second coat went off and on like butter. Again, i am very impressed with the depth of shine and gloss from this product, but it is a tad more difficult to use.

some pics...

photo2_zps3a562f0a.jpg

photo1_zps8557b1c1.jpg

here are a couple pics of the flake....it really enhanced the flake to me!

photo5_zps8c350840.jpg

photo3-1_zps65e774ed.jpg

and one coat of autobalm on the tips...it really cleaned the tips up with no effort at all. they could use more work, but they were dirty, dull and covered in black....they turned out great for 15 seconds of polishing in my opinion!

photo4-1_zps0041f4c7.jpg

In the end, i must say i was very impressed with the Bilt-Hamber Line of detailing products, and highly recommend them for anyone working by hand.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Although I am not familiar with the products you are using, the results are really great. Excellent job!!!!!!!!
Jay

OP
OP
L

Lobster Poutine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Guys;

Jay; i think in the USA you can get the bilt-hamber line from HS Tuning. definitely worth a try!