Black Toolbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiSport07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I purchased a black toolbox a few months back and I've seen a lot of peoples black toolboxes that are faded or peeling is there any special care or wax for these boxes?

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a black toolbox as well. Mine is diamond plate. Didn't think I would have to worry about fading. But would really like to see what over have to say.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'd go after it with a DA (i.e. Porter Cable 7424) with cutting pad or wool bonnet with some aluminum polish for the "Chrome" looking diamond plate. And just a good cutting compound for the painted diamond plate. I like the Meguiars Mirror Glaze... The amount of oxidation would determine the right glaze for you though.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I purchased a black toolbox a few months back and I've seen a lot of peoples black toolboxes that are faded or peeling is there any special care or wax for these boxes?

Yours is fine. You just want to learn how to protect it?

If so, just hit it with some wax when you wax your truck, lol

OP
OP
HemiSport07

HemiSport07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's what I was thinking I just didn't want it to be one of those 5 hour wax nightmares but thanks for the replys

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you maintain it, you wont get there. Cleaning ANYTHING is easier when you maintain, from time to time.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Whether it's paint, chrome, or polished aluminum, it will fade if exposed to weather. I suggest using a good sealant that has some type of UV Protectant.

Adam's Machine Super Sealant lasts a long time and is easy to apply if you have a PC. If you are looking to do it by hand, Adam's Buttery Wax is a good alternative to MSS.

Adam's Machine Super Sealant 16oz

Adam's Buttery Car Wax 16oz

And for guys with big trucks and a lot of paint:
Daily Special: Adam's Buttery Car Wax - Buy Two and get ONE FREE!

Machine Super Sealant Gallon

slodsm

Life begins at -160f
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had my black diamond plate box for 3 years now. It was on my fx4 and now my trx4 and I work in the oil patch so its exposed to the sun constantly. Just keep it clean and hit it with wax every few months and it will stay bright. Mine still looks new.