Bug Protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lghtning4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Dodge Ram
Engine
What is the best solution for front-end bug protection?

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
fyi,a wet bounce dryer sheet will wipe dead bugs right off.i just did my camper with last years bugs still on and it took all of 15 minutes.it leaves a film so you need to wash it after,but you can't touch the cost compared to the bottled cleaners.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lots of sealant and or wax. And then lots more.
Jay

OP
OP
Lghtning4u

Lghtning4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Dodge Ram
Engine
It just seems to me that we are still doing the same things as in years past. You would think someone would have come up with a better solution these days. :roflsquared:

Guess I'll have to keep waxing.:emotions122:

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i gave you a better solution.it's the next best thing to having them magically disappear without doing anything yourself.and it costs pennies.doesn't matter how much wax/sealer is applied,they still won't just slide off by magic.i've tried every type in the book,and this works best.

Last edited:

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
i gave you a better solution.it's the next best thing to having them magically disappear without doing anything yourself.and it costs pennies.doesn't matter how much wax/sealer is applied,they still won't just slide off by magic.i've tried every type in the book,and this works best.

Dryer sheets feel abrasive though to the touch. It doesn't leave scratches or swirls?

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
no,just a milky film that washes right off.it actually feels like applying suntan lotion.you have to wet them before you start wiping.i guarantee that anyone who tries it will continue to do it.

Midnite-CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I use Rejex on both the front of my truck as well as the front of my trailer. Best product i've used yet, majority of bugs come off with the pressure washer when I get home, even after sitting on the front of the trailer for a couple of weeks in the sun while camping.

Some stubborn bugs need a little elbow grease.

Full time RVers swear by this stuff for protecting their RVs from the effects of Love Bugs which are apparently very hard on paint if not cleaned off right away, usually down in the Florida area?

RejeX