Carpet cleaning !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loaded

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Great question. I will have to worry about this very soon as its not going to snow in NY again until Christmas 2015!

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What I use to do with my car, and going to do with my truck, I bought a Bissel carpet shampoo/vac from lowes (a handheld one not like a vacuum size) and I use that with a good shampoo for it. Comes out looking brand new all the time when I had my car. I'm from NJ so we get salt and crap like that.

Another thing I did before I bought the Bissell was if I had a weekend where I can not use the car, I took the carpet completely out and power washed it and shampoo. But the Bissell was easier and did and better job and dried faster (that day instead of 2-3 with power washer).

I have also seen chemical guys sells a brush attachment for a drill and you just spray your interior cleaner of choice on carpet and use that attachment on drill and pick up all the gunk. They then did use a shampoo vacuum to suck the junk out as well. Really you could just use a brush then shampooer if anything.

Edit: http://m.lowes.com/pd/BISSELL-SpotClean-ProHeat-0-289-Gallon-Carpet-Shampooer/50191473
Exactly what I got but mine is 3 years old so it's green. Yes if your carpets are bad which they may look good but when you use that you'll be like holy ****, it gets annoying because you'll have to empty/refill but I don't mind it to much, play some tunes and have some beers while doing it and your good!

Last edited:

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I use Tuff Stuff upholstery cleaner, a scrub brush and a bucket of hot water. Spray on the cleaner and let it soak a few minutes. Dip the brush in the water ocassionally and scrub. Vacuum out excess water with a shop vac and let it dry with the doors open and a fan if necessary. Same process for cloth seats.

Desert Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
What is the best way to take the salt out of your carpet ???

OXY-Clean !

Mix as directed (with HOT water) it does not take much !
dampen the area to be cleaned (small areas are best until the
bulk of the grime is out)

A carpet brush comes in handy too, a few years back I found a 2gal
wet/dry vac at Sears for like $30.00, it's paid for itself over and over.

Remember, any smells that are buried in the carpet will also come out !
and be sure it's fully dry before the mats go back in.

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
If you have an air compressor, go here, buy a tornador, detail EVERYTHING with it, thank me later. Watch the video, this thing is amazing. I use it to do interiors, clean wheels, tight crevices that a vacuum will never get into. You name it, it cleans it. I also have about 6 canisters for it so I keep protein dissolver in one, general cleaner in another, carpet cleaner etc etc. My friend runs a massive detailing supplier and he turned me on to them.
Z-010 Tornador Classic

OP
OP
M

MK6 Driver

Reaction score
Thanks every one.! I like your tornador option and also the oxy clean
I will try those this spring

Loaded

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I would recommend renting a 'Rug Doctor' from a local renter. Make sure it has the wand attachment. There are a couple videos on youtube showing this being a great option.

ralphdees

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6 engine
I've tried removing sand from my carpet manually. I first beat them on the side, that took most of the sand out, then I used a stiff bristled brush to remove the grains. I imagine this will work for salt. Finally, i vacuumed my carpet. I tried not to wet the affected area coz it made it harder to clean.

handyman1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
310-hp, 4.7-liter V-8 engine
Use a handheld vacuum cleaner. Mine is Dirt Devil. It cleans off all kinds of debris off the carpet. If you are too busy to do it have it shampooed in a Car Wash.