Claybar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I sure wish I had the patience to use a clay bar
I washed and wax with Black Box last weekend and it took all I had to finish the damn truck
So now that it has been waxed, Im good for about 6 months now LOL

LOL thats awesome, sounds like me

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate to bring this up but most waxes last for about 60 days, if your lucky and then you have to re-wax for continued protection. You might try a sealant, which will last you about 6 months. Once you have a good base of protective product on your truck you should be able to wax/seal it in a couple hours. If you don't use a clay bar before you wax/seal your paint(at least the first time) you are putting the wax/sealant over a DIRTY surface full of contaminates and your results will be mediocre at best. IMHO
Jay

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This was from one doors rocker panel that was just washed (clean except for the dried concrete splatter,lots of stone chips in the paint too)
067aa282.jpg
And how much dirt the paint can hide
2e3b3cfa.jpg

Holy Guacamole!

Oh man, I really need to do mine too after seein that lol

gotbrains230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I hate to bring this up but most waxes last for about 60 days, if your lucky and then you have to re-wax for continued protection. You might try a sealant, which will last you about 6 months. Once you have a good base of protective product on your truck you should be able to wax/seal it in a couple hours. If you don't use a clay bar before you wax/seal your paint(at least the first time) you are putting the wax/sealant over a DIRTY surface full of contaminates and your results will be mediocre at best. IMHO
Jay
Well damn...
I have a solution to that though...I just wont wax it anymore LOL

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Find a good detailer and let them do the hard work the first time, then all you have to do is maintain it. Didn't mean to discourage you---LOL
Jay