Clean / Polish 2014 Sport R/T Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Ram Sport R/T with the 22" polished forged aluminum rims. I'm almost certain that they are clear coated, but I see swirl type scratches from either the dealer cleaning them or from the polishing process. How are y'all cleaning and detailing these wheels? I don't want to mess up the clear coat, but really would like to take out the light scratches. I say scratches, but they look like what happens to black paint when run through a crappy automatic car wash.

expressthis13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
some polish for your paint. I don't have these wheels personally but clear coated wheels you polish just like your paint.

Surf City Garage

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That happens to ALL paint running through the auto washes..."paint murderer apparatus"...you just see it better on black!

If they are indeed clear coated, you will want to treat them like you would correct your paint. If they aren't clear coated, a nice metal polish will help restore them.

NWRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the same issue. 2014 Sport 4x4 (not sure if they're the same wheels). They're painted in the middle of the spokes, and polished and cleared on the rest of the wheel. It looks like they polished it with sandpaper and a drunk hand before clear coating it. It really looks like crap. I've tried polish and wax, but it's the wheel, not the clearcoat. Honestly, it really ****** me off, because they would look great if not for the swirls. I plan on Plastidip'n them just to hide the ulgy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf