Clean wheels without touching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Is there any wheel cleaner out there that will completely clean the wheel removing all dust and dirt without still having to wipe it off by hand? Everything I have tried so far still leaves some behind. A swipe with the finger after applying heavily and spraying off and still get a black finger. I have KMC Rockstar 2's and they have so many angles and small spots that a good wheel cleaner should always get. Plus it would probably cut my washing time in half. Anyone recommend one?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Subscribed. ...ha ha I wish you luck.sir

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you start with a clean wheel and get a good coat of wax or sealant on it, then moat cleaners should do fairly well. If you have a dirty unprotected wheel, then you need some elbow grease.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant (comes in a pre-mixed spray bottle or concentrated to mix yourself).

CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant 1 Liter
CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant, spray on car wax

How to use > https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/pr ... alant.html

This stuff is another lazy man's sealant....really easy to use....you just have to make sure you hose off all of the product. Great durability.

I've got the Rockstar 2's & you're right they are one pain in the ass with all of the nooks & crannies. I find they stay cleaner with the Hydro 2 on them. I don't bother with it on the rest of the truck...I use regular sealants.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one

mills3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you start with a clean wheel and get a good coat of wax or sealant on it, then moat cleaners should do fairly well. If you have a dirty unprotected wheel, then you need some elbow grease.

I couldn't agree more. If you prep your wheels beforehand (clay, sealant, wax, etc.) it will save you a lot of time. In my opinion (years of detailing) there are still going to be times when you are going to need to agitate at least a little bit to get your wheels fully clean. A lot of that depends on the type of driving you do and the type of brakes that you use.

Chemical guys and Adams have always given me great results with cleaning and protecting my wheels, and they are the same products that I use when detailing other people's vehicles.