cleaning tinted windows...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
good morning all...want to clean the tinted windows in a couple of trucks, but of course don't want the tint to turn "purple". If I recall, I will want to keep away from cleaners that contain ammonia, is that right? Also, when I look for glass cleaner at my local auto parts store, none of the products are very specific about being (or not) used on tinted windows. Any tips or products you all like for cleaning tinted windows?
thanks!

B-Shot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't use any ammonia based window cleaners (which are mostly blue in color) you can use vinegar based window cleaners like windex multi surface cleaner, check out the vendor section here, they have good products as well.

OP
OP
shynola

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Don't use any ammonia based window cleaners (which are mostly blue in color) you can use vinegar based window cleaners like windex multi surface cleaner, check out the vendor section here, they have good products as well.

Thanks!
Checking out vendors now

thoss29

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 3500 "Black Top" Edition 6.4L
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife has some towels from Norwex (I think) and they're great, just use water and one towel then the second towel polishes. The lady sold them to her by writing on my sliding glass with a stick of butter and cleaning it with only water.

MrHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Invisible Glass by Stoner... Hands down the best.

Really no trick to clean the tint alone, but I use multiple glass type towels. Use one for the initial clean, and another to buff and remove anything left over.

ICEChargerRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Invisible glass and newspaper is the way to go when cleaning glass with tint.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Invisible Glass for me too
Jay

amocoharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Norwex is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi_1340R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anything make the rain bead off the outside Windows like rainx? My new truck I can't get the waterspots off the front window

MrHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To get waterspots off, First i clean the glass with an all purpose cleaner. Then clean 2x with invisable glass. I will then claybar the glass to remove anything else. I use Adams glass sealant about 2x a year. Works great and crystal clean glass.

rammpage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
im not getting paid to write this but My Lowrider was sponsored by Stoner.. the only cleaner i would use on my windows is their invisible glass.. it honestly beats anything else ive used its totally safe to use on tints.. anything that dosent contain ammonia is also good for tints, the ammonia is what discolors them

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I got tint for life on my truck, so that's cool

alorac79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really glad I read through this. I had forgotten about the no ammonia factor for tinted glass. Thanks all!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf