Cleaning up the engine bay..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I'm looking to clean up the engine bay, making everything look more neat and clean. What can be done to accomplish this? With cover up parts, replacement parts, etc...

Also, when I'm done dressing it up, I want to clean it. I know I've seen a thread on this. But want to make sure. Cover up battery and alternator with plastic bags, wet down, spray with cleaner, wash off again, run engine to dry, then wash down other parts with waterless spray?

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I'm already going to get the Strut covers, ABS paintable battery cover, and ABS paintable fuse box cover from 3rdStrikePerformenance. Both to add a little color to my Engine bay and spread out the red.

What would be the best thing to do with the bad looking wires and tubes that are running everywhere? Cover them in colored wire loom?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah I think the wire loom is the best thing you can really do, as for the cleaning process you got it right, I did mine with diluted simple green and it worked awesome but any cleaner will do

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
just make sure you dont use armorall or something like that as it will collect dust like a ****!

you could also get some coil covers from a 6.1L and shave that part off and cover it up with a plate. they look really good. i have a brand new set with the attachment things i might sell if your interested

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
if you have an aftermarket cai make sure you cover the filter with a plastic bag also. And here is a tip from your old uncle Lar. After washing be sure to take the plastic bag off of the air filter before you start the truck.............hehe you don't want to know what it does to the filter if you don't.

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
if you have an aftermarket cai make sure you cover the filter with a plastic bag also. And here is a tip from your old uncle Lar. After washing be sure to take the plastic bag off of the air filter before you start the truck.............hehe you don't want to know what it does to the filter if you don't.

That sounds bad!

Sent from iPhone-taptalk

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ya use adams stuff for the engine area and don't use armor all and if you want an idea of what the wire covers look liker here you go.

DSC01518.jpg

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
just make sure you dont use armorall or something like that as it will collect dust like a ****!

you could also get some coil covers from a 6.1L and shave that part off and cover it up with a plate. they look really good. i have a brand new set with the attachment things i might sell if your interested

How much are we talking? Haha. I'd be interested.

Okay. Thanks for the tips everyone. This is something I'll get started on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

I am quilty of doing this :doh2: :doh2: definitely dont forget to take the filer off LMAO luckily I had an extra :crazy:

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Ya use adams stuff for the engine area and don't use armor all and if you want an idea of what the wire covers look liker here you go.

DSC01518.jpg

Man that is clean looking. Sometime I hope I can get mine looking that way

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I've got the vararam. So it's pretty sealed on it's own. Haha. Shouldn't have to worry about that too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to take some tips here lol I was just under the hood of my truck the other day and wow it is dirty dirty.

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
How much are we talking? Haha. I'd be interested.

they will need to be modded a bit to fit right
$85 shipped, never installed them , had to special order them. comes with the attachment ball joint things

4b859b72-f148-25e7.jpg

Sent from iPhone-taptalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye