detail pros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
" A chair with some tunes and a few cans of Coors = heaven on earth.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I had to change the last sentence :cheers:
Jay

Nobrigz808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's about the normal price for a truck. You could also pick up a nice buffer and coat your truck your self for less than half of that. YouTube can teach you a lot about using a DA buffer. Then you'll have them for future use if detailing is something you enjoy.

OP
OP
12vrunner

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok cool thanks for all the input guys. And for that air blower i was thinking about a leaf blower lol. But have i have learned alot already and got some product buying to do now. But for now im going to just just the foamer on my powerwasher then use my freshly washed microfiber with detail spray to dry. And i guess get into the ceramic coating, and for the da i have got to learn how to use of those as well.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some of the coatings are pretty unforgiving so make sure that you read alot and watch any "U" Tube you can to learn more abut the installation process. Autopia would be a good start. It is a pro detailer site that has lots and lots of information and they will not only describe the different products available but they will talk about their success with different products. Well worth the time IMO
Jay

OP
OP
12vrunner

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok i broke down and bought some suggested adams products. I will say best service over the phone ever but here is what i got coming in noted below. And i plan to use the waterless wash for a quick wipe down like after work any advice on that. And only thing im looking for now is a merino wash mit and after that i believe i will have a pretty safe black car wash kit.
Items
Adam's Foam Cannon Car Wash Kit
1 x Adam's 10" Car Wash Pad
1 x Adam's Car Wash Shampoo Gallo
1 x Adam's Foam Cannon
Adam's Gamma Seal & Grit Guard Car Wash Bucket
Adam's Grit Guard Insert
Adam's 10" Car Wash Pad
Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel 2 Pack
2 x Adam's NEW Great White Microfiber Drying Towel
Adam's NEW Waterless Wash & Towel Combo
1 x Adam's NEW Microfiber Waterless Wash Towels
1 x Adam's NEW Waterless Wash 16oz

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok i broke down and bought some suggested adams products. I will say best service over the phone ever but here is what i got coming in noted below. And i plan to use the waterless wash for a quick wipe down like after work any advice on that. And only thing im looking for now is a merino wash mit and after that i believe i will have a pretty safe black car wash kit.
Items
Adam's Foam Cannon Car Wash Kit
1 x Adam's 10" Car Wash Pad
1 x Adam's Car Wash Shampoo Gallo
1 x Adam's Foam Cannon
Adam's Gamma Seal & Grit Guard Car Wash Bucket
Adam's Grit Guard Insert
Adam's 10" Car Wash Pad
Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel 2 Pack
2 x Adam's NEW Great White Microfiber Drying Towel
Adam's NEW Waterless Wash & Towel Combo
1 x Adam's NEW Microfiber Waterless Wash Towels
1 x Adam's NEW Waterless Wash 16oz

Good start, as time goes on you'll probably add to the list haha. I found you always think you have enough towels but in reality don't. I'd only suggest adding 2-3 more waterless wash towels since I use 2-3 on the truck each time. I also would suggest buying some grey boarderless for using with detail spray. If you ever need glass stuff their glass towels and spray are great. The VRT is also great for no sling tire shine and also dressing all the plastic and rubber moldings.

As I said great start! This stuff isn't cheap and it took me months to amass the amount of supplies I felt I needed. Enjoy using them when they arrive and let us know what you think of the products, results, and if you need any help or have any questions.

OP
OP
12vrunner

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes i know more to come and play with. Just going to buy a little every payday lol. But what do you prefer the waterless wash or the detail spray for after a daily drive.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes i know more to come and play with. Just going to buy a little every payday lol. But what do you prefer the waterless wash or the detail spray for after a daily drive.

I would use the waterless wash, however, as hard as it is to do...I wouldn't do it daily. No matter what you're going to introduce swirls. The paint on our trucks seems to love swirls, so the less you touch it the better off you are. People can say they have zero swirls from washing...I don't believe it...it's impossible. While having good products and towels helps minimize them, it doesn't clear you of them. If you get a small amount of dust or bird poop in a single area, use detail spray. The waterless wash bottle you have will last like 3-3 days if you do it daily, you'll also be washing that towel like crazy. My advice, as hard as it is for OCD guys like us, is to do a quick waterless mid week and do a good 3 bucket on the weekend. Waxing every week with one coat of buttery wax will also help you out...however in my experience wax attracts dust like crazy. I guess the bottom line is...touch the truck as little as possible between true 3 bucket washes (soap bucket, rinse bucket, tire bucket).

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use Opti Spray Wax as my detailer and find that it works really well. It also gives your "base" sealant/wax a little more longevity. I also add about 2/3 of a cup to my wash water when I wash the truck. Lots of beads and easier to dry. Remember that wash or dry or wax---a cool surface is always your friend. IMHO most waxes will only last for about 3-4 weeks and that is why I always use a good sealant(Wolfgang 3.0)as a base and then top it with Collinite 845. Opti after every wash will make it "pop" a little more and as I said add to the longevity of your base wax and sealant.
Also please remember that everyone has their own favorite product/s. I am not pushing what I use nor am I demeaning anyone else's choices. I am simply telling you what works well for me in my circumstances with my truck.
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
12vrunner

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok cool thanks guys and yes super ocd here lol. I guess ill just wash on the weekends and if i get bird dropings i will take care of that asap with detail spray. Also would it be ok for the bug guts to sit for a week until i can really wash it on the weekends.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it were my truck, I would get them off the paint as soon as I saw them.
Jay

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get your order yet? If so, how do you like everything so far?

OP
OP
12vrunner

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sorry for the late update but i finally washed my truck yesterday all the products are awesome. Got to love the foam gun and I do have hard time drying it but i just used two of the great white drying towels. I need the blower for mirrors and door handles but i did use the waterless wash for the dryed water spots after a quick run down the highway. For sure i need the detail spray im sure it would help with drying and the buttery wax to top it off. Now truck is detailed though can see all the scratches from the dealer i guess there wax hideing job is wearing off lol. But thanks for all input i havent used any other products but i will say im stuck with adams for now.