Detailed Black truck using Chemical Guys Products.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered Chemicals guys Polish V32,34,36,38 Porter Cable DA CG assorted Pads 7 of them and their Backing Plate and I also ordered CG Black Light sealant and Black Wax.

The paint on my truck I don't believe it to be original but I am unsure, I had light swirl/spider webs from normal wear and tear and washing.

I washed the truck and then I moved it inside and used CG Green Pad and V36 Polish and did the entire truck except for the hood which was just painted about 2 Months ago. This product went on easy and seemed to remove all the swirls and webs and even most of the deep imperfections.

The next step was the Black Light Sealant which I put on using the PC and the Blue pad and this I did on the entire truck, after letting it sit for about a half HR I took it off and it came off very easy and left the truck looking really nice. It says you can do a second coat but I chose not to.

The next morning I used the CG Red pad and Black Wax which went on and came off easy, I used Meguires Wax on the rims and glass.The whole process went quite well and the truck looks really good in all types of Light and angles. The paint looks clear and deep and not even telling anyone just taking a ride to town a few different people said how good it looks.

The intial cost was a bit steep but I have enough product to do the vehicles many times, I have a Black Camaro Z28 and Black Honda also which Ill be doing at Some point also.

I have always done most of my work by hand which took a long time and was a lot of work, I am a car guy and I love a nice Black vehicle, I have always used off the shelf products but I must say the Extra money really is worth it for the CG Stuff, Not saying there isnt better but this is the best I have used so far.

Reactions: SyN

16ramsportjc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chemical guys is actually really good stuff. auto geek.com or .net is a great site for deals on detail supplies. I personally am very favorable towards wolfgang or pinnacle. My detail guys use a variety of chemical guys, wolfgang, pinnacle, ceramic pro, and a few others.

OP
OP
J

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know I should have taken Pic's I need to link my phone to these sites to make it easier for me.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
:pics-****: