Detailing: How to Wax/Favorite Wax/Favorite Detailer

Favorite Wax Product/Favorie Detailer

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2019_RPX_LTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
It's been a long time since I've checked into detailing products. Way back when, I used Zaino products which did very well on a pearl white with clear coat. Are Zaino products considered 2nd class now?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Zaino products are not as popular now due to the fact they have not really kept up with the newer industry offerings. While Zaino still does a good job, it seems that other manufactures choices have all most exploded. As a side note--Sal hasn't helped himself much by the way he treats customers. I was a strong supporter of Zaino products until I talked to him on the phone once---that was enough for me.
Jay

2019_RPX_LTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Very thorough video review of detailing products:

2019_RPX_LTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I'm going to give the CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 a try. More to follow....

Keasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can use a detailer or quick wax but the do not address finish problems.
Many years ago I took A Meguiars detailing class. Best thing I ever did, I found out I knew nothing about detailing a car. It sarts with showing you how to identify your finish problems and how to address them.
Only use the strength polishing agent needed for the job you may have to do the surface more than once but you will not have to repaint.
So to start I wash a nd rinse the car while in the shade, then using the soap in the bucket for lube i clay the car,windows,he a dlights,etc.
Then dry the car. Then I move to a covered sre garage or carport.
I have a orbital buffer porter cable ,and a set of pads cleaner,buff,and polish, three different colors couple of each.
I start with megs cleaner pad and Megs 110, do a panel like a door and wipe off,, and continue around the car.
Then look over the car for any spot that may need more attention. Next 210 and a polishing pad same process.
Then I like to use a long lasting wax because this alot of work . So I have been using Megs 21 it is a synthetic so it lasts longer znd sun does not burn it off., after a week or the next wash I like to top it with Megs Ceramic wax which can last a year.
After each wssh I use Megs Ceramic Detailer.
So every week it looks like I just waxed my car or truck.
It takes about 5 hours to do a normal sized car but in the long run is less time as it lasts, even over the winter with snow a nd salts it washes off and just dry and use detsiler as nd it is good to go.

I was told anyone can buy a auto but few can maintain it, do this a nd at trade in time or when sell it you will get more as looks great.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I like to wash my relatively new Ram 3500 at the coin operated wash at the Shell Station here. I bring a 6 ft step ladder and my Stihl Blower. Top to bottom I soap wash, rinse, spray wax and finish with the spot free rinse. Then I blow off all the droplets with the Stihl gas blower. So, its all hands free, spotless, and I do not run the risk of swirl marks using a brush, or towels to dry.

But when it does come time for a thorough cleaning, I will do that in my driveway. I live in Arizona's southern desert and I wait until after a good rain followed by cloudy weather which eliminates dust in the atmosphere. I will use a good automotive shampoo and pat dry using freshly washed absorbent cloth. Then immediately after, with calm and cloudy skies I will wax. As time goes by, I will add polish--a swirl mark remover--before the wax.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I hate going to a dealer and having them wash your truck for you as a courtesy just to see micro scratches in the paint finish when you pick it up.

Vehicle color has a lot to do with how much work you exercise for a satisfactory result.

I will never own a black truck again if I have any say in it.

The easiest colors are neutral
but I’ve always leaned towards lighter shades of the spectrum

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really like the chemical guys products. I’ve been using them for a few years now.

Rlaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the Turtle Wax Ice. Right now using the Megires Gold wash but not sure if its any better than the Turtle Wax wash. Have to try it a couple more times.

Rlaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use mostly all Zaino Bros. products..funny how years ago when I bought my Camaro it was highly touted and on this site years later it is not even mentioned. I have heard alot of good things about Adams...may have to try that sometime. I love how my Zaino is so durable and I just tried Zaion's sealer on my Ram so we will see how it holds up. Anyone on here try Black Diamond?

Just how many years ago are we talking ?

Ziggy2

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm still a Zaino guy after all these years. I do all of our cars with their car wash concentrate, Z2 wax w/hardener, glass polish, leather conditioner and tire shine.

Moar Bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going thru older threads. My go-to for all my vehicles and travel trailer:

Mothers California Gold or​

Meguiar's Cleaner Wax​

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I added carpro to this list. I will say this after using it for the last two weeks. Its top of the line. I started a new career detailing high end and cars with a buddy who is very well known in the industry. That is what he uses and wow no joke its really good stuff. Amazon has some of the stuff as well.

Keasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have detailed cars trucks and even aircraft.
What ever wax you use is your preference, I for one do not use a carnuba wax on a daily driver as it will melt off in the sun. I once a year do a deep cleaning and polish to remove small defects then Use Meguiars M 21 synthetic wax . It lasts many months and protects in winter from salt and road grime. You can also add a layer of ceramics for longer lasting care.
My deep cleansers.
Wash.
Clay
Dry
Megs 105 if needed
Meg 205
Then your wax ,mine M21.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you tried the synthetic clay mitt? Those are game changers.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have detailed cars trucks and even aircraft.
What ever wax you use is your preference, I for one do not use a carnuba wax on a daily driver as it will melt off in the sun. I once a year do a deep cleaning and polish to remove small defects then Use Meguiars M 21 synthetic wax . It lasts many months and protects in winter from salt and road grime. You can also add a layer of ceramics for longer lasting care.
My deep cleansers.
Wash.
Clay
Dry
Megs 105 if needed
Meg 205
Then your wax ,mine M21.
There you go, at least you know to polish/buff after a clay bar treatment ... some of these "detailers" here in town offer "clay bar treatments" but don't even follow up with a polish/buff lol ..

I love the 105/205 combo from Megs especially on new cars that just need some light swirl marks removed or just simple paint enhancements ... Megs Ultimate polish is my go to when I just need to remove the lightest swirl marks especially on black paint lol ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I added carpro to this list. I will say this after using it for the last two weeks. Its top of the line. I started a new career detailing high end and cars with a buddy who is very well known in the industry. That is what he uses and wow no joke its really good stuff. Amazon has some of the stuff as well.
Do you have an Instagram or website set up for your detailing business ?