engine bay cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey all I use to take my truck off road/mudding well ive gotten away from that but my engine/bay are has dried mud throughout. How do I clean all of that off? :suicide:

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
A pressure washer on a cold engine is the best, but you have to be SUPER careful not to get it into the wiring plugs.

I don't mud, so I just use water, let it sit, spray with a bit of Adams All Purpose Cleaner, scrub, and rinse. Following up with a good protectant like Adams Super VRT will allow for an easier cleanup the next time.

Chris

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Get a sprinkler, the one that goes back and forth...turn it all, slide it under your truck, leave it for about 20 minutes...will wash and loosen most of that mud.

Diminus

Reaction score
Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
offer the neighbor kid 20 bucks give him/her a chair to stand on and some cleaners along with some rags. pop open a can of beer, or mix a drink. sit back and talk to the kid and be sure to explain why your ram is much more epic then his/her dads ford or chevy while the cleaning is being done :)

OP
OP
FlaglerMegacab4x4

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok sounds good. I haven't mudded in almost a year so all the actual mud is gone now what's left is just the brown sort stain/residue from the mud getting burned onto the block, heads, and gear box etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn