First major wash & detailed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the perfect thread for those people who say " My truck is brand new, why do I have to clay bar it and put polish and wax on it"? Sometimes I'd like to say, "You don't have to, it's your truck. Why don't you just drive it through a car wash once a week and you'll be good!"---I guess I just can't bring myself to say that though.
Jay

Automatic car washes are terrible my truck has small scratches all over the sides, it's long overdue for a polish and wax too.

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Your correct about how long wax lasts. 3 maybe 4 weeks at the most depending on whether it's garage kept and depending on the number of times you wash it. I try to put a good sealant on first, as they usually last about 6 months, and then top it with a good wax for added protection and it also gives a little more "pop" . Have your boss do the "baggie" test on his paint and see what he says. Tell him after he washes and dries his truck, get a zip lock bag and put his hand in it and rub the surface of his truck. That should show him how "clean" the surface is. It's also a good way to tell if you need to clay bar. You can use a DA to apply your sealant/wax if you like. I usually do it by hand but either way is fine. I always wipe if off by hand though. Although I have never used the products you are using, it appears that they are doing a great job for you!!!!
Jay

Thanks Jay!