Foam Gun?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've been kicking around the idea of getting a foam gun. Anyone have any experience with them or anything to look for in getting a good one? It will be for a pressure washer.

Thanks

Eddi310

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm interested too, mostly because i want to start hand washing. Ive read that higher pressure produces "better" foam...

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use one I have a 1600 psi electric pressure washer I bought at lowes and then I bought a foam gun for 25 dollars on eBay I use meguiars gold class soap and it works awesome foam and all is tick an all.
Overall I think a have a cheap decent kit but that's all you need the foam cannon bottle are all the same no need to buy an expensive brand one

It makes the car wash fun and faster

I recommend it

Atincup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Also highly recommend.

I am a "Chemical Guys" guy and use their canon and Honeydew Foam cleaner. Cleaning my truck is quick, easy and fun.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
The one's for pressure washers are generally called foam cannons. Foam guns are for hoses. Just to clear that up.

I just bought Adam's Polishes foam cannon and am stoked to try it out. One of my good buddies who's a very good detailer has one and I saw the pictures and video of him using it and it was great. Nice, thick foam covering the entire truck. The quality of the product is very good as well as it's all stainless steel and brass fittings.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Adam's foam gun and it works great, makes getting the truck clean a lot faster. The major difference is the gun doesn't produce as much foam as the cannon will since obviously the cannon has better pressure from the pressure washer. If you don't have good pressure on your hose I wouldn't use the gun and would get a pressure washer and cannon. The nice thing about the gun and cannon is if you use Adam's new wash & wax you'll get great even coverage before using your wash pad. The biggest downfall of both is neighbors wanting to know what it is and if you'll wash their vehicle too.

Nobrigz808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I normally use a foam cannon but when I'm lazy Ill just use the foam gun on my waterhose. Got mine from Amazon for really cheap since shipping to Hawaii is brutal from chemical guys.

OP
OP
HEMI_Finn

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks all for the replies so far. What is the difference between the cannons that you get from places like Adam's, Autogeek, and Chemical Guys vs. the ones on Amazon or ebay for a fraction of the price?

To my untrained eye, it seems some of the ones that are much more expensive just have a fancy sticker on them. Not calling anyone out or trying to be a cheap-ass, I just want to get the best bang for my buck, like anyone else.

laffs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a chemical guys Foam Cannon (Cannon for PW, Gun for Hose as Brandon pointed out). Differences between brands is dependant really on who makes it. You want one that has a solid tank not thin and flimsy and fittings of brass/steel not plastic.

It's a great tool to have to prevent swirling or marring the paint when washing. It does not eliminate the need to hand wash a daily driver in my findings (people think you can foam on, spray off and vehicle is clean). It keeps more soap on the vehicle meaning less chance of dragging something on paint and causing those paint issues.

My method for my fleet of black vehicles is power wash the dirt and debris off, foam the entire vehicle down, hand wash with three bucket method (one soap water, one clean rince, one just for wheel soap and wheel tools), power washer off, dry with leaf blower and drying MF towel.

Nobrigz808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a torq foam cannon and a chemical guys foam blaster when they broke I ordered the cheap Amazon versions and they work just as good. Won't feel bad if and when they break again.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a $20 unit off of Amazon that does its job rather well. Using it with my electric pressure washer. If I'm washing in the shade, I can usually just use the cannon once on my wife's car and twice on my truck (I still use the two bucket method with a soap bucket as well).

Years ago I had a Gilmour foam cannon for a standard hose. The pressure washer method is far superior. And the Gilmour broke after a handful of uses.

OP
OP
HEMI_Finn

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks again for the replies, I finally got one for $22 at ebay. If it doesn't perform well then I'll look at the more expensive ones.

It should be here by Friday. Weather permitting I'll break it in and post my opinion of it.

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Adam's here as well works great.

16ramsportjc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go to autogeek.net. Pay attention to their deals. Majority of the time you can find sweet deals there. I use chemical guy's stuff. Flawless every time. Surf city garage is another good one. McKee 27 or something like that is good too. Wolfgang and pinnacle are cream of the crop stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamBam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I wanna get it too it looks super satisfying but is it worth all that money?

16ramsportjc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanna get it too it looks super satisfying but is it worth all that money?

One for the garden hose. Hell no. For the pressure wash. Eff yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk