Freaking BIRDS! Never been crapped on at a stoplight before

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing worse than getting your truck clean and then within 5 seconds of leaving getting bombed by about 5 birds. Never before have I had birds crap on my vehicle while at a stoplight. Fortunately it only takes a few seconds to clean up with some detail spray, but so crappy...no pun intended. Can't wait for some warmer weather so I can actually seal and wax so I don't have to be so OCD about getting the poop off quickly.

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 4WD SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
Nothing worse than getting your truck clean and then within 5 seconds of leaving getting bombed by about 5 birds. Never before have I had birds crap on my vehicle while at a stoplight. Fortunately it only takes a few seconds to clean up with some detail spray, but so crappy...no pun intended. Can't wait for some warmer weather so I can actually seal and wax so I don't have to be so OCD about getting the poop off quickly.

Nasty ass MFs. Happens to my black charger all the time right after a full day of Zaino products.

Detail spray is a must have in the vehicle for that.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Surprisingly a lot of people don't worry about getting it off ASAP and then they get pissed when it etches into the clear coat. I don't know what they eat but it must be some bad stuff(****) so to speak. :naughty:
Jay

JaredRAM2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
my wife spent all day yesterday detailing her car... I went to town in it that evening... BLACK bird crap everywhere... It has been black lately... not sure what they are eating...

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a HUGE tulip tree that's canopy covers part of the driveway where I usually park the truck. Let's just put it this way...the way I'm parking now probably makes the neighbors think I've been drinking. It's been Cardinals here and they're horrible as well.

I bought the truck used, the previous owner definitely didn't care for it well at all. There are tons of etches in the paint and it's probably the most swirled paint I've ever seen. Unfortunately it's still to cold here and we're getting a lot of rain and snow, so I'm forced to wait on polishing. I'm fairly confident 99% of the swirls should be easily polished out as well as some of the etchings.

I'm very OCD so I tend to check the truck at least 5-6 times a day for bird poop. The minute it's nice...paint sealant and wax is going on for sure!

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a HUGE tulip tree that's canopy covers part of the driveway where I usually park the truck. Let's just put it this way...the way I'm parking now probably makes the neighbors think I've been drinking. It's been Cardinals here and they're horrible as well.

I bought the truck used, the previous owner definitely didn't care for it well at all. There are tons of etches in the paint and it's probably the most swirled paint I've ever seen. Unfortunately it's still to cold here and we're getting a lot of rain and snow, so I'm forced to wait on polishing. I'm fairly confident 99% of the swirls should be easily polished out as well as some of the etchings.

I'm very OCD so I tend to check the truck at least 5-6 times a day for bird poop. The minute it's nice...paint sealant and wax is going on for sure!

being the ultimate in OCD I would find a underground garage and polish the vehicle down their, see what I mean:favorites13: Oh now I have my own garage so that step is no longer required.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
being the ultimate in OCD I would find a underground garage and polish the vehicle down their, see what I mean:favorites13: Oh now I have my own garage so that step is no longer required.

If I didn't have the lift on it, I'd definitely be parking in the garage. It might end up being kinda ugly looking, but I'm thinking about buying a carport type deal if I can figure out logistics.

My driveway is really funky since I have 3 different garages. I park my daily driver in the attached garage, have a bar in part of the unattached garage, and have my Great Grandfathers '29 model A and my Dad's '65 Galaxie in the add on to the bar garage. I also have my landscaping trailer in another part of the driveway I have to access. It's kinda a nightmare for getting stuff in and out at times haha.

If I legally had more space...I'd be adding on yet again to build something for the truck.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used to park in the driveway and would find bird crap all over the top of the outside mirrors every morning. There are no trees close so i got up extra early to see what was going on. I saw a blue bird land on my outside mirrors and admire his reflection in the window and mirror itself. He was a pretty bird I'll give him that, but i cleared a spot in the garage and park it there now.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
On my truck, for some reason they like sitting on the back lip of the tailgate. Perfect position for the **** to run straight down the gate!

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If I didn't have the lift on it, I'd definitely be parking in the garage. It might end up being kinda ugly looking, but I'm thinking about buying a carport type deal if I can figure out logistics.

Where my truck sits, my overhead power line comes in right over top of the driveway.... So it's right where birds like to pirch and take a lovely dump on the truck. I'm like you, RAMblin, I'm looking into getting a carport setup as well.

Adam

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I remember when I had my first '01 Ram years ago, had a nice pressure washer to wash it with and one day while washing it, several pigeons were sitting in the trees nearest to where I was washing. As I was spraying the soapy water off, one of them flew over and **** on it. Nothing like a 2200psi blast to knock some of their feathers off as they flew away as fast as the wind...:naughty:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam