Fukked a Police Car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All right - I finally decided to "take a drink of the Kool Aid" when GhostRam94 offered me an excellent deal on some FUKKEN WAX.

I was so excited about this stuff, my wife brought it to the fire station as soon as it arrived in the mail. I was outside, talking to our local law enforcement officer when she dropped it off. I tried it on a small spot on the rear quarter of the patrol car - really filthy with the results of neglect and lots of drives on tar and chipped country roads.

I followed the instructions, shook can vigorously, sprayed a heavy coat and allowed to sit, etc. and I have to say, I was disappointed in the product. My expectation was that the dirt - especially the road tar - would lift off the surface, but the FUKKEN didn't even loosen it. The result was certainly not what was presented in the video (at the Fukken site).

I tried it on the fender of our pumper and it cleaned and shined, but the result wasn't near what I've come to expect from a regular liquid wax.

Not sure what I'm missing or what I've done wrong. I enjoy cleaning stuff and I have a number of items I want to try this on (our brushed steel gas grill on the back porch for one) with hopes I can be Fukken enthusiastic - but my initial impression is disappointed.

GhostRam94 was a great guy to deal with tho. Please don't connect my poor review of the product with my dealings with him.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Nice honest review ... thank you .

Most people use fukken as a touch up , in between car washes kind of thing that is where it shines. Kinda more of a detailer IMO.
I have had the same experience with tar ect .. that has been on for some time.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use Fukken as a quick detailer wax. I don't use it on heavily soiled areas. It's an inbetween touch up wax as Dave stated above.

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
General rule of thumb, never wax unless you have properly washed and then clayed the surface. Wax isn't a cleaner, its a sealer. You need a clean surface to seal up otherwise your just ******* into the wind.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like it, I did mine just a couple days after I washed the truck. Worked like a charm.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hmmm interesting... first time Ive actually heard a negative review on this stuff. I still havent tried it

OP
OP
Sagebrush2500

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
General rule of thumb, never wax unless you have properly washed and then clayed the surface. Wax isn't a cleaner, its a sealer. You need a clean surface to seal up otherwise your just ******* into the wind.

I hear you, and agree, but Fukken claims the car doesn't need washed.

I've had a feeling from the beginning that the positive feedback about this product were from folks whose vehicles were well-maintained in the first place... in other words, Fukken works well on a surface that's already been treated to a clay deep clean and slathered with wax but doesn't necessarily work miracles on heavy dirt as advertised.

I'm not saying this is bad stuff... (I'm sure it would add to the shine/protection of both my Ram and my Challenger and my wife's Rav 4 - each with a half dozen coats of TW ICE) but I am saying that what I saw on the video below (notably when he cleans the rear quarter of the white van) DID NOT HAPPEN whenever I Fukked the police car...

Video Gallery | How to Use Fukken Wax | Car Care Products

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have never used the product mentioned but I can tell you that simple common sense will tell you that a cleaning products will only clean and a wax will only seal. I seriously doubt that you can do both. A dealing spray on the other hand will clean mild grime off surfaces but usually don't contain wax because you wouldn't to get it on rubber or plastics. But again I'm just speculating. I might need to buy and try some of this stuff to see how well it works.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Sagebrush2500

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have never used the product mentioned but I can tell you that simple common sense will tell you that a cleaning products will only clean and a wax will only seal. I seriously doubt that you can do both. A dealing spray on the other hand will clean mild grime off surfaces but usually don't contain wax because you wouldn't to get it on rubber or plastics. But again I'm just speculating. I might need to buy and try some of this stuff to see how well it works.

Yep - you're following the same pattern of thought I did... get a few cans and try it it out - definitely let me know if you find somehting I missed.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When it looks too good to be true it usually is lol

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I appreciate the kind words!!! Yeah it's pretty damn good stuff if the vehicle is somewhat clean or been how shall I say it, kept up with rigoursly

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yep - you're following the same pattern of thought I did... get a few cans and try it it out - definitely let me know if you find somehting I missed.

I'll try it out on my wife's car.... Too picky about that kinda thing with my Ram. :-D

OP
OP
Sagebrush2500

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll try it out on my wife's car.... Too picky about that kinda thing with my Ram. :-D

That's why I tried it on a police car.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Thanks for your review! Obviously I'm biased.....LOL - but I've used it on quite a few vehicles, never had an issue. My boss's old F350 that got washed when it rained, covered in all sorts of stuff......gone.

I've removed tar from the truck, albeit not something that has sat for a while. ;)

OP
OP
Sagebrush2500

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for your review! Obviously I'm biased.....LOL - but I've used it on quite a few vehicles, never had an issue. My boss's old F350 that got washed when it rained, covered in all sorts of stuff......gone.

I've removed tar from the truck, albeit not something that has sat for a while. ;)

Ha ha!!!! You may be a little biased!!! :)

Truly tho, I want to like this stuff... any tips for heavy dirt???

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
To be blunt.......use common sense. HEAVY dirt, it needs to be half ass cleaned first. :D

When my truck is REALLY nasty (basically when there is salt all over it in the winter) - I'll pay n spray the ***** then fukk it.

While I wish it was a wonder can.......well. LOL. :D

OP
OP
Sagebrush2500

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's what threw me off - the video shows the Fukken cleaning without any preliminary wash.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
and a lot of people use it that way as well (I do 95% of the time). Key to it is how old and nasty the crap you are trying to get off is.