good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Local detailer quoted me $145 to detail the truck inside and out. Includes hand wash, clay bar the entire vehicle, swirl free polish and wax, clean and dress tires and wheels. Interior includes steam clean all cracks and crevices, vaccuum and shampoo everything, door seals conditioned, windows cleaned inside and out, etc. Total top to bottom detail. Said it should take 5-7 hours. Does this seem like a good deal?

Last edited:

Louis_Jacobson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It would be worth it just for the clay bar wax and polish to me.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
$145 inside and out? Do it! there is not a detail shop near me that would do all that for that low, the previous poster is correct in that a clay bar is usually $145 or more alone. That's a lot in that package for that price.

OP
OP
bryan28

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate the responses. I'll be getting it done soon.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is so much cheaper than most professional detailer would probably charge($300-$500) I would check on some of his previous work and talk to previous customers. I'd also want to know what type of products he uses. If it seems like to good of a deal it usually ain't, but I guess he knows the value of his own work.
Jay

OP
OP
bryan28

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think I may take my chances. His website is drdetailtn.com. The collision center detail shop for the dealership I bought from offers the same treatment for $225. Maybe it's just cheaper in my neck of the woods. Small town TN.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your choice--when it comes to something as expensive as my truck I always like to do my due diligence before, especially when it comes to detailing. I know how much work it is to correct problems. Good luck, I hope it works out.
jay

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
i had my wifes explorer detailed today
looks new again everything cleaned and shine in and out except engine as i dont want a pressure cleaner anywhere near the engine.total cost
100 bux
im in east tn. so unless you are in nashville or franklin area you should be able to get a better price than 150 higher price doesn,t mean higher quality
i believe you always get your money's worth or LESS
brianj

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I prefer to spend the big money and find shops that only handle high end exotics, the usually saying comes to mind hear as well as many other services ie you get what you pay for.

OP
OP
bryan28

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't had the truck detailed yet. I've never had a complete detail done before and it's gonna be a couple weeks until I get back in town but how bad can they mess it up? Can they ruin the paint or just do a crumby job that will have to be redone? The dealers collision/detail shop offers the same service for $225. Should I trust them since they're affiliated with the dealer? Do you think the dealer shop would make good on the paint if they jacked it up since it's still under warranty and they performed the work?

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check with previous customers for recommendations and look at their car/truck. There are 100's of ways you can screw up a detail, swirls, scratches, poor products, buffing through the clear coat into the paint and on and on. Dealers are not know for their expertise in detailing vehicles. Usually the employees that do the details are the newest employees, with poor skills, no real training and usually the worst equipment. I realize that I am reallllly realllly picky about my truck and about who works on it, but I've had to correct a few really ****** detail jobs and it ain't fun. Just check them out as good as you can and then make a decision. The price sure sounds good--I guess that is why I have question, because I know how much work it really is to do a detail right.
Jay

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
go for it...anyone charging 400 is a rip off..that's plain stupid n nuts

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^ How many professional details have you completed? How many professional details have you had done to your truck? Please explain to me in detail what you think a complete professional detail includes. What FACTS do you have to base your statement on? Didn't you just say in another post you hadn't waxed a car in years?
Jay

Last edited: