Good product to remove tree sap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roll_HEMI_Tide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a real problem with tree sap, specifically pine sap. This stuff is beyond obnoxious. I would have to park down the street to avoid the trees.

I've used some typical bug/tar remover, but it had little effect. Any good products to safely remove tree sap?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Fukken wax might work

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The last thing i used was wd-40 and it actually worked pretty well. Wash and wax the area and you'll be good to go.

Mutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This may sound stupid, but try it.. it works. Take a paper towel, fold it in half then half again so it's nice and thick. Soak it in water then lay it flat on top of the sap. Let it sit for a few minutes then wipe it off. You may have to use a little bit of pressure.

OP
OP
Roll_HEMI_Tide

Roll_HEMI_Tide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This may sound stupid, but try it.. it works. Take a paper towel, fold it in half then half again so it's nice and thick. Soak it in water then lay it flat on top of the sap. Let it sit for a few minutes then wipe it off. You may have to use a little bit of pressure.

Hmmm...worth a shot.

Even more obnoxious than the big wads of pine sap, I have these tiny black specks on the truck. I guess this is sap too. It'll come off with some hard rubbing, but it's aggravating.

Maybe some good wax will take car of it.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Try some 3M Adhesive Remover.

atticusfaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I bought my ram it was covered in sap. I used goof off and it came off in seconds and no issues with paint. I did wipe the area with soap and water after I used the goof off just tone safe though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
you might wanna try peanutbutter it works for road tar so it might work for sap.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm...worth a shot.

Even more obnoxious than the big wads of pine sap, I have these tiny black specks on the truck. I guess this is sap too. It'll come off with some hard rubbing, but it's aggravating.

Maybe some good wax will take car of it.

A good coat of wax AFTER it's 100% clean will sure make easy work of any sap/tar in the future. Even aggressive "cleaner waxes" won't do much to remove tar or sap. Use something made for what you need as it sounds liek there is quite a bit. Goof-off works, but they also make a tar/sap remover speicifically for automotive use. It comes in a small black spray bottle and works amazing.
THEN wax :happy160:

monettejb

2018 Hydro Blue Edition Ram 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have used Goo Gone before. Again wash it thoroughly when you get through, but it is amazing stuff.

Some people may freak out but I have used a slight bit of gasoline before on past vehicles. Just make sure you do a spot on a wash cloth as big as the sap spot. Then use your fingertip in the cloth to wipe the spot every so slightly. Again, wash well afterwards.

Jake2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The last thing i used was wd-40 and it actually worked pretty well. Wash and wax the area and you'll be good to go.

I have used WD-40 also, it got it off. No matter what you use the earlier you get it off the better.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I remove sap with clay.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
A lot of good choices here, but if the sap is really thick use a heat gun and wipe.

Big Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Goo Gone x2! When I first got my Ram, she had some kind of inspection marks all over her tires. I thought it might have been chalk, but it was more like a heavy duty wax marker. Goo Gone and a little elbow grease made short work of it. There were also some stickers on the wheels that left behind some VERY stuborn adhesive. Goo Gone took care of that with a quickness. Do be sure to wash the cleaned area when you're done as others have mentioned. Definitely don't want this stuff staying on a surface for too long.