Help choosing a rim cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirka13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hello im trying to keep up on the appearance of my ram but I want to be super careful about what i spray on the rims to remove brake dust but not damage the rim what so ever. little worried that it might fade the black on the rims. looking for a product that i can spray on it foams up and i rinse it off. any items people have used in the past that worked well for them? ive seen products that turn bright purple or pink when it comes into contact with brake dust, will this item hurt my rim or tire?

not a close up but here is the rim if you can see it, thank you for any help
018.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

navyjoe11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No iron-x works wonders on the rims at removing brake dust. It turns purple and you know it's working!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adams wheel cleaner bar none

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roastpuff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner is my go-to but there are many products out there in the market that will work well for you.

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chemical Guys Diablo or Adams Polishes "New" Wheel Cleaner are what I use on my aftermarket rims. Safe and effective.

I've seen good things about the de-iron type wheel cleaners. Chemical Guys has one but I haven't tried it yet.

Glowrdr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've used Sonax before - sounds like the same stuff as some of the others have listed. Green liquid that turns purple when its working.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Adam's NEW Wheel Cleaner is the ultimate way to remove stubborn brake dust and metallic contamination from your wheels. The new, thicker formula clings to wheel surfaces and allows the european derived formula to melt away the stubborn brake dust commonly left behind by many of todays high-performance braking systems. The color changing formula lets you know its working, turning to a deep purple as it activates and does the hard work for you.

Best of all Adam's Wheel Cleaner is safe for most wheel finishes. So whether you have factory clear coated wheels, aluminum, or paint the highly effective cleaning solution will remove the stubborn brake dust, but won't harm your wheels. Saturate the wheel with Adam's Wheel Cleaner and allow the color changing formula to activate.

With active cleaning agents and advanced surfactants the formula is perfect for cleaning away the worst, most baked on brake dust commonly found in the barrel of your wheels. Simply spray on, allow the cleaner to activate, and then agitate using one of Adam's Turbo Sticks or Wheel Woolie Wheel Cleaning tools (sold separately).

Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner-16oz | Brake Dust Remover | Color Change Wheel Cleaner

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Flash Brown Royal is the best I have used.Buy in gallon from amazon($29.95 )and dilute it.:favorites13:

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Sonax full effect cleaner won't damage the finish of your wheels and it makes easier to remove the brake dust.