I think I need professional help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My darling wife took my truck down some trail and didn't use her head! She brought it back looking like this from bumper to bumper. I was PISSED! I've tried a quick hand polish but they are still there. I may need to just have a shop take care of this.

20150818_172656_zpsishbtbt1.jpg

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
cant tell from the picture but has the scratch dug into the clear or just transfer from trees ? if it hasn't dug into the clear then you can try a harder compound. Just be a bit cautious with its use ,you can use meguiars compound polish as its a bit more forgiving

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you can run the back of your finger nail on the scratch and you can not feel it, you should be able to correct(remove) the scratch using some polish and a buffer. If your nail catches on the scratch it probably should be corrected by a professional detailer. After correction you should re-seal and then wax.
Jay

OP
OP
rbrumm

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question goes begging, and Im sorry for the scratch dude. But Id be asking my mrs why she was driving down some dark narrow trail , hopefully it wasnt cottaging / ******' LOL

LOL! No, nothing like that. We were canoeing for my brothier-in-laws birthday and she went with another family member to hang a sign from a bridge.

OP
OP
rbrumm

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can run the back of your finger nail on the scratch and you can not feel it, you should be able to correct(remove) the scratch using some polish and a buffer. If your nail catches on the scratch it probably should be corrected by a professional detailer. After correction you should re-seal and then wax.
Jay

Got half of it out, but what is left catches my nail. Need to have it done by a pro, just don't want swirl marks when they are done.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A "good"(professional) detailer will not leave any swirl marks. Look on autopia, which is a world wide professional detailers site and try to find someone in your area, then go check his/her work and talk to previous customers.
Jay