Inside roof looks bad from leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I notice the other day my ceiling looked screwed up it got brown wavy lines in it going across from my 3rd brake light leaking I reckon, whats a good product to use to clean this, one of my last trucks did the same and I put I think lift off on it or somethin like that and it changed colors screwed it up worst, I fixed the light just need to get this off what u guys use or recommend?

Last edited:
OP
OP
hemi1282

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wow! Know one can recommend anything come on guys I know these 3rd brake lights are an issue on ram trucks and someone has had to have this happen b4 I just don't wanna use the wrong stuff and smear it or change the color of it

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
steam cleaner maybe? that's what i use on my seats with just regular carpet soap i've got out coffee and ketchup stains. even got out some grease but that one was a challenge

it would help if you post some pics so we can see how bad it is

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I know it would be an uphill battle and that Fiiat will fight you on it, but the reality is they should be either cleaning it to replacing it. I had mine leak as well, fortunately for me there is not really any visible staining.

I wonder if anyone has had their headlinier or any interior parts cleaned replaced because of this. And of course one has to wonder why these clowns have let such an obvious design defect go on for so long.

Have you tried to get Fiat to fix this?

xtr3me

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Easy on the language dude, be respectful to others okay...

As already mentioned, extractor/steamer is best... otherwise, I suggest first try using Woolite diluted 3 parts water to 1 part Woolite. Use a detailing brush for cleaning vents/dash, etc... to work solution into liner... if you do not have a soft bristled brush, use microfiber towel, try to avoid rubbing unless stain is stubborn... just dab at liner. You do not want to soak liner as it may potentially cause glue to fail prematurely. Ideally, this method is best if after each application you remove product with a shop vac. If the stains aren't coming out, use an APC or fabric cleaner...
be patient, when cleaning headliners, it's a slow process....

Got a stain you can't remove, try Spray 9

OP
OP
hemi1282

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I know it would be an uphill battle and that Fiiat will fight you on it, but the reality is they should be either cleaning it to replacing it. I had mine leak as well, fortunately for me there is not really any visible staining.

I wonder if anyone has had their headlinier or any interior parts cleaned replaced because of this. And of course one has to wonder why these clowns have let such an obvious design defect go on for so long.

Have you tried to get Fiat to fix this?

No haven't even bothered with them, my 2008 did it and complained but nothing happen, then 2010, 2011, and now my 2014 I was just tellin someone not to long ago that this the only ram I've had that ain't had a 3rd brake light leak and I guess I jenked myself

OP
OP
hemi1282

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just don't want to put something on it that would make it worst hard to see n pics, thought about babywipes that does good cleaning seats but thought it might change the color, Im'a try the woolite

Attachments

• 20150922_172105.jpg
    20150922_172105.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 20150922_172119.jpg
    20150922_172119.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 144

xtr3me

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yikes, Looks like a warranty claim to me...
If you do use Woolite, that will take some agitating and rubbing to remove and may even require stepping up to a 1:1 ratio. When working the solution, it will foam up. Best if removed by shop vac, otherwise you will need to wipe away with cloth..
Hopefully it will work for you, otherwise you will need to use a fabric or All Purpose Cleaner.

Last resort, is to match liner color with Sems aerosol dye/paint, Sems makes a good product... it's a lt/grey for sure but which grey? light sandstone grey, mist grey, etc.

I have a large nasty stain in my carpet that I will be removing in the next few days, also have light grease marks left from unclean hands on both sides of my headliner, same color liner as yours. Since I loaned my steamer out and the person claims I never loaned it to them.... I will be removing the stain with a towel and Spray 9, I will do the liner also and see if it fades the color. Post pics later

Raist11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like I'll follow this one. My 2011 I picked up earlier this year has the same issue.. but much worse. It even has some Gold extended warranty and they won't cover it.. jerks. I'll get some before and after pics when I tackle it. It's raining today though so not happening today.