interior cleaning ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What are you guys using to clean the interior of your trucks or cars i was thinking of like realy getting in there and cleaning the carpet and seats but i want to do it my self any products you guys recommend

Heres a pic of my interior if it helps to recommend something

IMAG0270.jpg

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i always get mine cleaned by the people that wash my truck but i wouldnt mind knowing what to use for the middle of the rt seats

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I always like usig the mcguires, like the gold class rich leather cleaner and conditioner. don't use the cheap armor all stuff, it'll dry out the interior and can promote cracking.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To really clean the carpets/cloth portion of seats I vacuum, then use Oxy Clean mixed in a bucket of hot water, liberally dumped on and scrubbed with a stiff bristle brush. I use my shop vac to evacuate the water out of the carpet, leave it dry for a few hours/overnight with the windows open, and they look like new every time.
I'm bad for spilling coffee, and the only thing I do above and beyond this for tough stains, is use a carpet shampoo foam with the bristle end on the can first.

OP
OP
joeg45

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i always get mine cleaned by the people that wash my truck but i wouldnt mind knowing what to use for the middle of the rt seats

where do you go are you up here in the north side of houston

I always like usig the mcguires, like the gold class rich leather cleaner and conditioner. don't use the cheap armor all stuff, it'll dry out the interior and can promote cracking.

Usually the leather i just get a damp cloth and wipe it down because i never knew what was good and not promote cracking but ill give that a try

To really clean the carpets/cloth portion of seats I vacuum, then use Oxy Clean mixed in a bucket of hot water, liberally dumped on and scrubbed with a stiff bristle brush. I use my shop vac to evacuate the water out of the carpet, leave it dry for a few hours/overnight with the windows open, and they look like new every time.
I'm bad for spilling coffee, and the only thing I do above and beyond this for tough stains, is use a carpet shampoo foam with the bristle end on the can first.

U literally dump the water there or do you get like a spray bottle and mist it on you never have any water smell like if its been sitting soaked for a while?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I use McGuiar's (sp) interior cleaner that isn't oily feeling, and for the leather I use leather conditioning/cleaning wipes. My carpet stays clean but if it gets a stain I just use carpet cleaner spray and a rag

[tapatalkin]

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I use simple green and water. I just let the brush carry enough over to the carpet. Method works excellent and has never hurt a carpet. My '11 Ram carpet looks amazing.

Just make sure you don't have a bag / paper filter in your shop vac :roflsquared:

I second using Meguire's products. Their Gold Class leather stuff is awesome, get the paste, not the spray. It gives more of a luster than a shine, and lasts. I also use natural shine on all my plastics. I spray it lightly on a microfiber, then go over all the plastics. Then take a damp (water only) cloth and go over it all to knock down the shine. (I don't like shine, just protected)

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U literally dump the water there or do you get like a spray bottle and mist it on you never have any water smell like if its been sitting soaked for a while?
I stick my hand in the water while holding thew stiff bristle brush, and pull it out with as much water as I can, "Splashing" the water on.
I guarantee it gets nowhere near as hot here as you get (to help dry things out) and I've NEVER had issues with moisture. the key is a decent shop vac. I use a Rigid (Home Depot) 5 gallon, 5hp model which is just amazing. I can lift my heavy carpeted mats up with the suction.
It's really much the same as a 'rug doctor' machine does to your home carpets.

for dash/plastic/leather, look for something with UV inhibitors. I use '303'. It smells swful while using it, but that goes away quickly. It lasts forever (or close to) and isn't shiny.

OP
OP
joeg45

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ill try some of these out well first ill check how good my shop vac really is lol just afraid of having that mildew smell

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
joeg45

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
^^^Ill look into this a little more thanks

HANKr

Banned
Reaction score
No eating or drinking in my 10. My kids aren't even allowed to play with the windows!!! Gotta stay vigilant to keep my $hit nice and clean. Thing has been **** and span for the 4 years of my ownership.

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
LOL i'm the same way! My wife bought me a handheld steamer...I use it on my seats/carpets....works like a dream :big_banana_Dance:
No eating or drinking in my 10. My kids aren't even allowed to play with the windows!!! Gotta stay vigilant to keep my $hit nice and clean. Thing has been **** and span for the 4 years of my ownership.

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
I just vacum with a shop vac and use mothers leather vinyle cleaner for the plastics and center console lid on my express.

OP
OP
joeg45

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

LOL i'm the same way! My wife bought me a handheld steamer...I use it on my seats/carpets....works like a dream :big_banana_Dance:

lol i dont eat or drink in mine its more because its my daily and i work in a mfg plant so i sweat and get greasy all day not so factory clean anymore :/ lol

I just vacum with a shop vac and use mothers leather vinyle cleaner for the plastics and center console lid on my express.

thats what i usually do minus the mothers just a lightly damp cloth

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Thanx man, I appreciate that. I almost got a 06 SRT QC, but it wasnt yellow.....

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I like Mother's protectant for the plastics. Nice matte shine to it instead of Armor All's greasy 80's shine.

OP
OP
joeg45

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I like Mother's protectant for the plastics. Nice matte shine to it instead of Armor All's greasy 80's shine.

Thats the look i like to go for i might pick some up this weekend

Armour all is only good for inner fender wells and engine trim.

I dont even like it on the engine trim like a dust and sand magnet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio