Just got used Sport wheels. Would like to polish and seal. Tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just recently bought some used Sport wheels. From far away they are great.

0715151208_zpswwmgjmnb.jpg

But up close...

0715151847_zpsbdmsgawo.jpg

Any tips on the correct process to eliminate the scratches and shining it up a little? I don't want them to be mirror shiny, but just a little more than they are now.

xtr3me

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey man !

Shoot me a PM with your address and I will send you a sample size of what I use, along with a pad and instructions....the sample will be enough to do all your wheels

As for sealant, choose a sealant for your paint and use it on your wheels and windshield....

2Cav

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you share what the product is. I have a brand new Sport, and the wheels are less than stunning. Mine could use some love and a good seal too. Would love to know what the experts do.

These are my first chrome-ish wheels and I know proper care is unique. I'm usually an Adam's Polishes fan, and I have a flex XC 3401 VRG in the cabinet for paint correction. Although I am guessing it will be useless for wheels without a focus pad which I don't have.

At any rate, rather than create a redundant thread, I'll just tag on to the OP. Would love some more info here!

Jeff

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These wheels are clearcoated so any paint correction compound or polish will work to help remove scratches.

xtr3me

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you share what the product is. I have a brand new Sport, and the wheels are less than stunning. Mine could use some love and a good seal too. Would love to know what the experts do.

Jeff

Initially I thought the OP wheels had the clear coat removed from them as I was viewing the pics from an iPhone. mjd91 is correct, dodge sport, srt and alloy wheels are factory clear coated and you will need to treat them just like two/three stage paint. Polish by machine or hand. Clear coated chrome wheels will never have a mirror finish unless you strip the clear coat. I was going to send OP some homemade metal polish I use with great success for removing scratches on chrome. Since his wheels are clear coated and I made the offer, when I return home from vacation I'm following through by sending some Menz polish and wet/dry sandpaper in case the polish is not abrasive enough to remove the scratches. He already has all the other necessary products and knowledge